AC San Diego coverage

MarkMT

I recorded the extreme sailing from tv1 yesterday afternoon and watched it last night. Totally shite I must say. I never really got a sense of the sailing, lots of blah blah blah talk and regrettably ETNZ barely got a mention except for a strange interview between Barker & Hutchinson where they stroked each others ego's. WTF? :shock:

Isn't the volvo website great this time around?

This.

The race tracker is fantastic, especially with the forecasts, multimedia and the past action all wound in together.

In case you have not noticed you can replay where the boats have been for the whole leg with the weather they had at the time showing.

To do this:

1. Go to the race tracker (http://www.volvooceanrace.com/en/racetracker/rdc.html)

2. Click the weather icon to on on the icon toolbar at the top of the tracker window.

3. Set the left hand slider at the bottom of the tracker panel to the time per second setting you want. I set mine to 3 hours per second... this means as you replay the leg each update position (3 hourly) will be there for one second.

4. use the larger right hand slider at the bottom of the tracker window to rewind to the point you want to watch from.

5. click the play button to the left of the left hand slider at the bottom and watch the leg replay.

Very cool.

And all with no Martin banging on to Peter Lester and vice versa telling you what to think.

I can't watch it on the Web darn it. But why on earth are TVNZ not putting it to air. Even if it's not a rating puller, there has to be some time slot that it would be a better puller than the dribble already on.

Maybe it would be live if they had the crew cooking a dish, whilst racing, for some washed up chefs!

I recorded the extreme sailing from tv1 yesterday afternoon and watched it last night. Totally shite I must say. I never really got a sense of the sailing, lots of blah blah blah talk and regrettably ETNZ barely got a mention except for a strange interview between Barker & Hutchinson where they stroked each others ego's. WTF? :shock:

They didn't show much sailing. Admitedly it looked dull (no wind), but still ,they just talked about sh*t and showed some boats sailing along. No 'racing converage' really at all.

Archived