It nice...

Fogg

Yeah right, nice cover story. If that's the case where are the all the US and European ships needed to track all their hardware in orbit?

Other countries let them have permanent dishes /arrays/ larger sized binoculars on they're land??

Usually in the rural places, like the lovely Golf Balls on Menwith Hill in Yorkshire, which are the last thing you expect to see when driving over the moors!

The Chinese Consulate is in Newmarket, Auckland with a high fence around it and complete with barbed wire that won't exactly keep you out but will sure as hell keep you in if you're dumb enough to jump in there. Now we all know what consulates are there for - other than issuing visa's to budding travellers...

The last time the Chinese were caught trying to steal NZ secrets was when the diplomats were nicked at the airport with kiwifruit vine cuttings in their suitcases. Naturally they created a diplomatic row and tried to make it look like it was all our fault.

Maybe they've sent a ship to have a second crack at the kiwifreuit vines?

So AC - what's your beef? Who and what are they spying on and why and does it affect us?

Well NZ seems to be such an uber-politically correct place that usually has an issue of some sort or another with other country's visitors or politics or policies or history or whatever e.g. we won't let our allies (e.g. the US) bring their ships here cos they are nuclear and God forbid what the reaction would be if the French navy ever showed up! But apparently we are fine with a dark force like the Chinese (who have some highly questionable policies and human rights activities going on within their own borders) who blatantly turn up in a spy ship! I suppose we'd be happy with the North Koreans too...

So in short, my beef isn't major it's more a curiosity about how random we are; apparently highly principled on some things but 'blind' on others.

So AC - what's your beef? Who and what are they spying on and why and does it affect us?

Well NZ seems to be such an uber-politically correct place that usually has an issue of some sort or another with other country's visitors or politics or policies or history or whatever e.g. we won't let our allies (e.g. the US) bring their ships here cos they are nuclear and God forbid what the reaction would be if the French navy ever showed up! But apparently we are fine with a dark force like the Chinese (who have some highly questionable policies and human rights activities going on within their own borders) who blatantly turn up in a spy ship! I suppose we'd be happy with the North Koreans too...

So in short, my beef isn't major it's more a curiosity about how random we are; apparently highly principled on some things but 'blind' on others.

Fair enough too. Yes we're a random lot at times. I do wonder hwo they're gonna sneak the kiwifruit vines onto the ship though.

and God forbid what the reaction would be if the French navy ever showed up!

There was a french Nazy ship in Lyttelton during the world cup. Don't think they blew anything up.......

They are in Auckland at least once or twice a year - normally alongside at Princes Wharf though now they might berth at Queens.

They are in Auckland at least once or twice a year - normally alongside at Princes Wharf though now they might berth at Queens.

they have a frigate or two visit wellington at least once a year too, no dramas, usually

Archived