my new toy

grant

Santa delivered early in at least one part of Wellington, :D :D

spent the evening figuring out what goes where, with the 'help' of a very enthusiastic crew.

Think I've got it sorted :?

Off to find some salt water to try it in tomorrow

23122011603.jpg

23122011604.jpg

23122011605.jpg

a john wellsford "pathfinder"

close to 5.5m of hull plus bits sticking out either end, when I finally saw her, she was longer than i had imagined...

can't wait to get out on the water

don't you ever give Dawn a break by sleeping in ??

Yep, she gets the break by sleeping in while I am awake. Hmmm, actually, she stays up after I have gone to bed and stays in bed after I get up. Nah...she wouldn't be trying to avoid me would she??? :wink:

This looks just like the yacht in a book I am reading at the moment, by a guy, some would say he's nuts, that sets out in one from the US with ideas of sailing around the world in an open boat. Makes it as far a Vanuatu. The book is "Open boat across the Pacific" by Webb Chiles.

I am in Wellington too, so may see you out there sometime.

This looks just like the yacht in a book I am reading at the moment, by a guy, some would say he's nuts, that sets out in one from the US with ideas of sailing around the world in an open boat. Makes it as far a Vanuatu. The book is "Open boat across the Pacific" by Webb Chiles.

I am in Wellington too, so may see you out there sometime.

He is in the states at the moment, he has a blog on his website, great read. Also a couple of audio books to download there

http://www.inthepresentsea.com/the_actual_site/journal/journal.html

What a great sail :D :D :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

the boat was brilliant, left Lowry Bay and the youngest crew was so taken by it all he promptly fell asleep...so out to Somes Island under jib and mizzen.

Blowing 16-18kts (and had been increasing) , wasn't sure how she was going to behave so threw 2 reefs (which i don't think we needed) in while tied to the wharf and now awake youngest crew had lunch, then just a nice sail down to Eastbourne and reach/run to Lowry bay

DSCF1086.jpg

DSCF1090.jpg

I have followed John Wellsford and his design for years, build a Joansa a ways ago.

I like his philosophy "The smaller the boat the more the fun and the friendlier the people"

out for the second sail today, full main this time, wonderful beat up Evans Bay and then reach back down, just a really nice well behaved boat.

Working out how to get in/out of the ramp under sail took a bit of thinking but done with no dramas, could just do with more practice :D

Choice, I saw you crossing Lowry Bay - we were on the north side of the bay swimming and playing with a plastic kayak and I recognized the boat from on here. When you sail anything but a totally ordinary rig you're always easy to pick out.

Fabulous day to be out on the harbour - it was a great day at the beach too.

Choice, I saw you crossing Lowry Bay - we were on the north side of the bay swimming and playing with a plastic kayak and I recognized the boat from on here. When you sail anything but a totally ordinary rig you're always easy to pick out.

Fabulous day to be out on the harbour - it was a great day at the beach too.

we were in lowry bay Saturday, but i believe there was someone there yesterday (Monday) with a similar boat.

was a great sail out of evans bay too :D

How did you manage to get the 'other half' on board (and with a smile on her dial too). Im still trying to figure that one out.

Well I did first meet her on a boat, so that probably helps :D

and also followed that much touted mantra on here regarding family sailing" don't scare the family" :lol:

Archived