Akl Harbour bridge clearance

rigger

NZ 22/12 NEW ZEALAND – North Island – East Coast – Auckland Harbour – Auckland Harbour Bridge

– Vertical Clearance.

Former notice – NZ 143(P)/09 is cancelled.

Chart NZ 5322 [ 184/11 ]

Amend Vertical clearance of Bridge to 39m 36° 49’.73S., 174° 44’.85E.

Chart NZ 5323 [ 232/11 ]

Amend Vertical clearance of Bridge to 39m 36° 49’.73S., 174° 44’.85E.

Auckland Regional Council.

NI 262/2011

use to be 42metres

out of curiosity here, just how much deflection occurs?

Cannot remember the exact figures but max defelection due to traffic load was some 0.7m, the NTM tweaked my memory about the defelection being part of the reduction.

When we went under the bridge for the first time, Dawn was sure we were not going to fit under. It's a funny perception when looking up at the top of the mast. I was telling her we were not even half way and she said no no we are going to hit it. Our mast is ruffly 19m from waterlevel.

When we went under the bridge for the first time, Dawn was sure we were not going to fit under. It's a funny perception when looking up at the top of the mast. I was telling her we were not even half way and she said no no we are going to hit it. Our mast is ruffly 19m from waterlevel.

you wait till "er indoors" turns left into the Riko cave mate

By the way the Old bridge vibrates, it could be 16.5M when a large truck rolls across.

We are 16.5m from the deck up and so if I add anohter 1 to 1.5m from the water, I don't think I am going to have a lot of room for error.

Besides, what is there worth looking at above the bridge :wink: :wink:

The other week a friend hoisted his webcam up AC's mast and it gave us an awesome view of things under way. On the same theme, if you really wanted to try it, wheels, you could hoist a webcam to the masthead and motor slowly towards the bridge and assess the clearance from the picture?

Or else just hoist Dawn up there. :P

Archived