Wheres the best place to buy?

Gonna dip into the large bowl of knowledge here guys..

Wheres the best and cheapest place to get some west systems/international epoxy resin?

Also cheapest place for carbon uni's

Peel ply?

All the other little things that you need to get the job done..

Also glass matting..

Will be needing a 2l pot of epoxy and enough carbon/glass to do a fair bit of strengthening on a farr 3.7..

Remember, Weight is crucial!!!

Any help greatly appreciated :thumbup: :wave: :thumbup:

A boat biulder next door to us uses the Glue Guru. Also cheack deals on Trademe. There is someone in Manakau selling a heap of stuff off cheap due to a failed overseas order. I just bought 20ltrs of resin from them for $280. They have a heap of Carbon cloth at cost.

the best and cheapest

These days the above does usually mean you are talking about 2 differing things. Sure they may look very similar but there is often huge differences.

Think 'Lifetime cost' rather than 'how lower a price can I buy it' and you will save money in the longer run.

I've had good dealings before with NZ fiberglass on Morrin Road. They stock West System and carry a range of peel ply's as well as carbon/kevlar/glass matting etc.

Have always been sharp on price and happy to offer advice too.

I've had good dealings before with NZ fiberglass on Morrin Road. They stock West System and carry a range of peel ply's as well as carbon/kevlar/glass matting etc.

Have always been sharp on price and happy to offer advice too.

I also visit there quite often.

A boat biulder next door to us uses the Glue Guru. Also cheack deals on Trademe. There is someone in Manakau selling a heap of stuff off cheap due to a failed overseas order. I just bought 20ltrs of resin from them for $280. They have a heap of Carbon cloth at cost.

Look out for TradeMe deals... Got some rubbish epoxy off TradeMe that wouldn't ever go off properly. Think it might have been v. old.

Hey guys, Thanks for all of that, Jus6 finished glassing half of it all up, Now I wait 24hours to give it a sand so its nice and smooth :thumbup:

In all I spend 280 for 4.8l of resin, 25m of double bias 150mm wide, 400g cloth, and all the other little bits that you need to do the job, Not to bad in my mind.. Probably too much for a few of you, But hey, I might actually be able to sail at the end of this month :)

Archived