Wheels drift & 'nom de plumes'

L'escale

Guest Crafty 1
1) I have never agreed with the use of a 'nom de plume' on this site as it does make it impossible to recognise another crewdoter via their boat name - if we all used our boat names (incl wheels) then problem solved.

Problem solved? I don't think so Tim...

1. So, If you don't have your own boat, then you're not allowed to post?

2. Or, if you have more than one boat, you have to have a hyphented name?

3. If you do have a boat, and you sell it, and you get a new boat, do you change your forum name to the new boat's name? Does the name on all your old posts change retrospecively, or does it stay the name of the boat you owned when you made the post? How do people know that "Bob" - the person they have come to know as "Boatname A" is now "Boatname B" because "Bob" just bought Boat B off "Mary"? And If "Boatname B" was previously "Mary", who can tell when the name "Boatname B" in the forum stopped being Mary and started being Bob? And if "Mary" does not buy another boat, what does her forum name become?

If the answer to 1. above is that crew should have the name of the boat they crew on, how do you tell the people on the same boat apart in the forum; and for people who crew on multiple boats, do they need long hyphenated names? (I have crewed on at least 6 boats in the last year, and I don't boat hop around really)... So I might be "Airship-Flying Circus-Clear Vision-Ran Tan II-Loloma-Nedax Racing"? That's messy. And if someone else had sailed on the some or all of the same boats, how do you tell them and I apart?

Hmmm?

You have edited and deleted all your inane urls taking the piss out of Boatslut etc.

So not only are you a dick but also a coward.

When I first signed up on this forum I wasn't very internet savvy and chose a rather boring username by mistake, which is comprised of my initial and my surname. I've never bothered about the anonymity thing yet I have been known to post the odd contentious comment. So far the only 2 people who have decided to launch a personal attack on me have been broken down paint salesman and a broken down "professional" delivery skipper. I have never felt personally threatened by either of these sad little people so have no problem letting the world know who I am. I am very involved in the marine industry and have never had any worries about my identity being known on here.

Classic Pete! Where did that 'professional' yacht delivery fella get to? It's been years since he has been on here?

God knows, probably doing opti deliveries for the Lyall Bay yacht Club.

I do miss him. :twisted: :twisted:

Guest Crafty 1
When I first signed up on this forum I wasn't very internet savvy and chose a rather boring username by mistake, which is comprised of my initial and my surname. I've never bothered about the anonymity thing yet I have been known to post the odd contentious comment. So far the only 2 people who have decided to launch a personal attack on me have been broken down paint salesman and a broken down "professional" delivery skipper. I have never felt personally threatened by either of these sad little people so have no problem letting the world know who I am. I am very involved in the marine industry and have never had any worries about my identity being known on here.

Yawn, how do you know what the other 3900 member think... and don't post?

There are at least 5 in the beserk thread that oppose your post/comments and some you haave been down right rude to so don't try and take the high ground when...

1. you are defending the indefensable (the real polluters)

.2 you are as bad as many others.

3. i have not been as derogatory as you.

Pwederrel, just by engaging in the debate degrades your image to lower levels than others. especially those who just ignore it or use the foe button (as you said you were doing in the Beserk thread) but are not doing.... (again another lie)

As for Wheels and EE, well as BE said there is a group that engage in derogatory comment without knowing the person, as you have just done Pwederrel, and yet all i have done is debate the topic. (as apposed to the man as you have done above)

your image is tarnished i believe.

EE yes i did delete the post as i thought it would not be taken in the sense of humour it was intended (even with the laughing icons) and i was right you took it the wrong way. How that is cowardly is a mystery to me but i don't really care.

and wheels, i take more crap than most and do not shy away or back down as many "cowards here do" just look at the bagging i get for my spelling, yet your poor spelling goes unchecked and without comment.... as i should.

hmmmm? double standards i think.

BE has a very good point which cuts to the bone for some here (who try and deny the opposing arguement). Many members judge without ever knowing the person they judge. I can take it and will either ignor it or fight it. some leave and never return

Finally wheels. you need to remember where you have come from and remember the things you have told this forum (as an unemplyed person from Blenhiem who suffered depression) and remember how well you were treated and how you should treat others, before bagging people you don't know. I respect your opinion and like you're balanced opinion but when you back a person like EE you fall to his level and i thought you were above that and hope you are.

Oh crafty you do make me chuckle. I seem to have so far avoided entering into debate with you - something tells me that I would not win. But not for any of the reasons you're thinking. However, I would just like to know at what point you decided to renege on your promise to abandon this forum? You do seem to be the only one who has forgotten all about it.

Guest Crafty 1

Pwederell, I have not lauched a personal attack on you. I have debated your "comments in the berserk thread, and debated then with vigiour and supporting evidence, which you have take personally. Go back and read my posts!

Then you have come to this thread and launched a personal and 100% incorrect attack on me and another person un prompted by me.

I think most will see your antagonistic approach is wrong and judge you by the post above.

Have a nice day.

Guest Crafty 1
Oh crafty you do make me chuckle. I seem to have so far avoided entering into debate with you - something tells me that I would not win. But not for any of the reasons you're thinking. However, I would just like to know at what point you decided to renege on your promise to abandon this forum? You do seem to be the only one who has forgotten all about it.

Glad i make you chuckle BB. Yes i did intend to abandon the forum as i am travelling quite abit, and thought i would not get wifi signal, and find it bores me (all the bullshit and bravado), but then i thought what the fork some people here need to be challenged and some need to be more "user friendly" to others.

especially those that start getting chaLLENGED (ON TOPIC) and then start flinging mud and bagg people when they are challenged, as Pwederrell has done..

So i have become a moderator for the people that are just sick and tired of the noise that are people like .... well you probably know who they are...

And... they can bag me forever but in doing so the are revealling thier true colours to the masses and becomiong the person the proclaim me to be.

now that is funny. ( and they cannot see it! :lol: )

So i have become a moderator for the people that are just sick and tired of the noise that are people like .... well you probably know who they are...

You do not speak or moderate for me.

Yawn, how do you know what the other 3900 member think... and don't post?

and the exact same can be asked of you crafty

There are at least 5 in the beserk thread that oppose your post/comments and some you haave been down right rude to

Everyone has the right to oppose. To only one poster that PW has been rude to and that is you and I am pretty certain it was you that started the Rudeness.

i have not been as derogatory as you.

Oh Pulleeeease. That is all you do.

just by engaging in the debate degrades your image to lower levels than others.

Dude!!! READ YOUR OWN WORDS!!! You started and have always started these kind of arguments. Want proof?? Who the hell keeps getting banned here!!!!!

your image is tarnished i believe.

Tarnished is certainly NOT the word for your image. Thick Flacky Rust is what comes to mind for you.

and wheels, i take more crap than most and do not shy away or back down as many "cowards here do" just look at the bagging i get for my spelling, yet your poor spelling goes unchecked and without comment.... as i should.

For me, there is just one point of your Character that wriles me and gets me started into my replies to you. That is your blatant lies and twistings of posts to discredit other posters. No one here cares about Spelling or Grammer of any poster for one. I enter these descussions for one reason only and that is to support those that you personaly attack. As said many many times before, you have some good things to say at times. But you completely discredit YOURSELF by the way you leap in and instantly attack someone and YOU don't know them either. As I said, the only thing that gets to me is your lies and your twists of what ones have said. Hypocrasy is another obvious problem you have, but would not normaly be a trait that would get started in these arguments.

Crafty, what makes you think you have the mandate to speak for or, as you put it, moderate for, the "silent masses"??? There is only one person who has that mandate and we are all (yes, even you) here at his pleasure.

You seem obsessed by these silent masses who you feel are significantly wronged by everyone who (surprise, surprise) doesn't agree with you. Your approach is not very objective .... you have a hypothesis and without having any evidence one way or another you decide it must be correct and then go rampaging about the place promoting the concept at a million miles an hour. That's not speaking for the masses or championing the underclass .... that's borderline lunacy.

My biggest issue with your comments is that you feel free to tear the crap out of anyone (even when its quite clear you overstepped the line between friendly banter and being a downright rude bastard) yet, if anybody returns the favour you a) twist the comments and argument and B) trot out the same old trite, glib and quite frankly hokey statements such as "play the ball, not the man".

You obviously don't feel constrained by your own rules and no doubt have a splendid justification for your actions, but honestly you just come across like a nutcase. That means that subsequent posts are then coloured by what has gone before and you'll never get the benefit of the doubt from readers of your posts. Your online character or persona gets moulded by the nature of your posts and if you come across as a nutcase, then that's how people are going to interpret what you post.

Crafty, what makes you think you have the mandate to speak for or, as you put it, moderate for, the "silent masses"??? There is only one person who has that mandate and we are all (yes, even you) here at his pleasure.

You seem obsessed by these silent masses who you feel are significantly wronged by everyone who (surprise, surprise) doesn't agree with you. Your approach is not very objective .... you have a hypothesis and without having any evidence one way or another you decide it must be correct and then go rampaging about the place promoting the concept at a million miles an hour. That's not speaking for the masses or championing the underclass .... that's borderline lunacy.

My biggest issue with your comments is that you feel free to tear the crap out of anyone (even when its quite clear you overstepped the line between friendly banter and being a downright rude bastard) yet, if anybody returns the favour you a) twist the comments and argument and B) trot out the same old trite, glib and quite frankly hokey statements such as "play the ball, not the man".

You obviously don't feel constrained by your own rules and no doubt have a splendid justification for your actions, but honestly you just come across like a nutcase. That means that subsequent posts are then coloured by what has gone before and you'll never get the benefit of the doubt from readers of your posts. Your online character or persona gets moulded by the nature of your posts and if you come across as a nutcase, then that's how people are going to interpret what you post.

This post is amusing yet sad, as is the entire thread once crafty derailed it, yet again.

I struggle to believe that the person behind crafty is old enough to sail solo in an optimist from the level of understanding life said person displays.

But Crafty, as you appear to be so concerned about the silent masses, maybe you could go visit some of those countries whos long term dictators have recently been disposed. They need someone to assist them in standing up for their rights.

Might be your first time to go solo in the opti, but just be aware of the Indian ocean, its got nasty people wearing eye patches, with little black flags with skulls and crossbones on 'em.

Just a sad case of someone screaming out to be heard, it was obvious when I picked him after 10 days - at almost 100 posts. So now here we are after 2 months and nearly at 400 or thereabouts.

Obviously no-one listens to or respects his opinions in the real world so he hides behind his identity posting contentious and inflammatory stuff and then editing it to remove the offending comments and generally causing confusion.

I have been on here since Zoe started it and I'm only around 600 or 700 posts over 6 or 7 years and there are only a few people I have taken issue with - Brownie, Starboard aka Sailbad the Sailor, Blue Sovereign and now you. Perhaps that's just two individuals.

Sad dude, really sad. Seek some help, you are compulsive, irrational and cant help yourself, I thought you werent coming back? But oh no, the compulsion took over.... There are support services out there that can help, even for people like you. The superior 'thing' - the fact that you think you are some sort of moderator says it all.

Anyone think they know who he is - PM me so I can do some digging? - employers love to know about people posting all day on their time particularly if they are identified against a brand or company. The volume of evidence posted here forever would be enough for a dismissal.

Its not funny and generally people are over it. Get some help.

Bardy is right, perhaps a thread along the lines of "everybody add Crafty as a foe' is in order? Starve the freak of oxygen with no-one listening, like his real life.

Oh Dear

I think I rest my case?

However the positives are:-

I helped increase traffic - vital for any forum site

I have helped to sell some flags.

However I don't think I will fly one - due to risk of encouraging an association with the mentally challenged/angry minority

My parting comment to the drifters who have once again "buggered up" the post

"Lighten up guys - life is too short"

I am keen on a smaller Burgee too Squid. Put me down for one when they are made. The big thing is just a weeny bit too big and flaps rather loudly in the wind. I might try and hem the thing down slightly. I flew the banner while out by the way, but apart from getting strange looks, the only other "crew" boat we came across was smithy and he promptly up anchored and left as soon as we arrived :wink: :lol:

Hmmm, strangly, I had always thought the type of boat and name of boat was in the Field to the left along with my "Crew" name. Has that changed or am I mistaken.

Yeah sorry Wheels. I didn't see you until you came across to our side of the bay, and then we were already on our way. Nothing to do with you! We are keen to meet up with you lot and other crew.orgers any time. Ran into Bad Kitty out on the barrier, but that was about the only boat we saw and knew while cruising.. I have a flag and will fly it more often now. Agree with Wheel's comments about meeting people while cruising..

(Just to get back on topic which is a good one!!)

Archived