Saw a race boat hull on the back of a truck today.

Rental

I spotted a grey race boat hull on the back of a truck going noth up great south road by Greenlane about 3.45, sorry no pic as I was driving.

Looked to be 40-50ft and a lite grey hull with no deck?

Anyone got any info.........

Yeah I saw it about 4.30 going down Carrington Rd round the corner, under the motorway and back up Great North Rd. Must have been going out west somewhere. Looked nice

Sorry my bad with the "racey" suggestion, I think you are right with the Z39.

There must have been enough room in that hull for a couple of SL33 plugs?

How many Z39's were there in the Noumea race. I thought they were the answer to...... Well....everything? :silent:

What do you mean? On a good they they will almost give the top Young 11's a run for their money :thumbup:

But at 30K wouldn't that be a good start for the right person? OK I get the drift about its performance but overall it will still be a good boat once finished wouldn't it?

Hell if I had the spare dosh I'd be all over this, this is bloody nice boat with the right mix for me of racing and cruising. Yes there was a lot of hype about these boats being the next best to sliced bread but as I understand it the cost of the completed product was out of touch for most of the market and a couple of key players in the hyping of it went of and bought Farr 40's instead. Ever tried cruising in a Farr 40 they are not well set up for it. :lol:

I am pretty sure this was sitting at Hakes for a long time after a buyer pulled the ripcord when the market went spongey. :(

Yep, nice looking hull, and doesn't seem to be a bad price for what you're getting, as long as you've got the $$ space and time to finish it :roll:

Pretty sure BMW racing z39 went a hell of allot better after a keel transplant

Nice boats and would be a nice racer cruiser for someone in the know :thumbup:

Was only on on TM for a few weeks

Well the Z39s were never meant to be the fastest things on the harbour, they were a relatively easy to sail, one-design racer that was reasonably competitive as a fleet racer but able to be cruised to help justify the costs. They were designed to sail against other Z39s.

Well the Z39s were never meant to be the fastest things on the harbour, they were a relatively easy to sail, one-design racer that was reasonably competitive as a fleet racer but able to be cruised to help justify the costs. They were designed to sail against other Z39s.

Yup, I remember the criteria. A modernised Y11 was also entered in the competition also priced at $350k. But the Z39 won as YNZ deemed to be what NZ yachties wanted. Turned out it wasnt. But in this specific case, if you could get the trademe hull for 20k, maybe you could finish it for around $350. That's with a modest rig and sail plan. Could be a nice boat for someone.

Archived