rc yachts

who's got them and what are they pic's pls anyone got any plans? booboo do u guys still sail them lil tri's?they look like a bit of fun

ac electrons are very nice boats :thumbup:

wouldn't mind one of these have you ever raced it?better yet do you know how they go with say a iom/ww/or what eva cheers

Yup, raced used to race it lots but not so much these days. Like all one designs it's great in a fleet of identical boats but pointless comparing against anything else.

They go well - very realist scale to a Townson I reckon - but it's pointless comparing with a IOM boat which is a totally different and more powerful machine. Electrons will rarely plane for example - except just prior to broaching. :D

There are many many classes to choose from fro RC from 400m to 2m+ in size.

My "baby" is scaled on 1964 12M Heritage for the America's Cup. KNown as the EC12 and sailed in NZ mainly in Kapiti, Nelson and Christchurch. It is 1.5m long and nearly 2m "tall" with full length classic 12M keel.

Am mad enough to of hauled mine to Australia twice (last time 2 weeks ago and got 3rd in their National Champs as well!)and USA once as well - 23kg when wrapped up in its travel bag.

DSCF2733.JPG

DSCF4287.JPG

DSCF5631.JPG

arrr the mighty ww nice wee boats,ec12's very nice i live in nelson now but used to have a iom in kerikeri just want to see how many crew.orgers have rc yachts while i keep looking for that really good deal or some idiot proof plans haha

oh and well done on the trip over oz :clap: :clap: :clap:

Cant go wrong with a Windwarrior and even Better Grunta will customise them for a bit more to look like the boat!

Love it! :) Iv looked at these.. but the bloody 3.7 keeps sucking up all my money... :evil:

Cant go wrong with a Windwarrior and even Better Grunta will customise them for a bit more to look like the boat!

Haha. That's brilliant Marshy. I will have to investigate a Marshall look alike I think!!

Theres some racing at the little lake at gulf harbour, go on their website, and click on the rc section, its all there :)

I have a WW here in nelson there is about 10 or so in town we just need to get us all together good fun one design racing

Howdie

is this howdie off mrs jones?

I have allways loved rc boats but never gotten around to buying one. Where do you guys race?

Yup the GH guys race at Regency Lake, usually Sun am and Wed pm (during the summer). They race IOMs and Electrons.

The Watchman Island guys alternate between Westhaven and Orakei basin. I think they do Sun avo and Wed avo. Have to check their website. They race Electrons.

I have a WW here in nelson there is about 10 or so in town we just need to get us all together good fun one design racing

Howdie

is this howdie off mrs jones?

Yes its me!! Kevin of oldsmobile has a few WW aswell

Howdie

Archived