8.5 Winter Series -who's in?

as long as my old colleges 1st 11 isn't playing at home and its not raining then I should be out with my Camera. It will be great to see you out on the water John.

Megwyn,

I've been out twice now, both times with a moon boot on, covered with a black rubbish bag and sitting very nicely in the cockpit not doing anything more than steering. I will do the same on saturday, venturing out on the ama if I can.

But the following saturday is the singlehanded, so I need to get fit enough for that. Trying to figure out whether to use the moon boot or not for that.

BooBoo,

you racing the 1st 2 for Sam?

Lionmark,

Is yours the mongrel Tri?

Clipper,

Surely you aren't gonna miss the singlehander by being away are you?

Yep mine is the Mongrel tri - I won't make first race as planning on doing first launch on Sunday - possibly maybe at a secret location.... I would hope to do all the rest (so long as nothing too major breaks and I'm going to be pretty nervous of nasty weather initially also).

Keep the moon boot on John, even longer than they tell you to. You really don't want to go backwards by 3 months and no sailing.... Good luck!

Keep the moon boot on John, even longer than they tell you to. You really don't want to go backwards by 3 months and no sailing.... Good luck!

I concur - listen to nursey lol. :wink:

No sorry John, the stealth mission will not be out for the first 2 races.

Im sailing on the pork chop tomorrow and then will be in Thailand for the next one.

But as far as I know we will be doing everything once sam is back in town.

What an awesome way to kick off the series. if you didn't enjoy that there is something wrong with you. Lets hope the rest of the races are like that.

well done Borderline and Tigre (line and handicap respectively) -you guys are pretty difficult to hang on these days.

there was great racing at the other end of the fleet too with places swapping all the way up the last beat.

The numbers out there bode well for the rest of the series with other boats due to join in a little down the track.

What an awesome way to kick off the series. if you didn't enjoy that there is something wrong with you. Lets hope the rest of the races are like that.

Great fleet of boats.

Just a stunning leg from Orakei to Saltworks and then on to Rangitoto.

Have been missing a really good 25 knot reach for a long time.

And it was great to be weaving in and out with keelers sailing the other way !

It was extra shifty coming home, often a SW but sometimes a bit of extra South in it before the Container wharves and extra west in it by the Tank Farm.

The extra West really played into the hands of the leading boats, meaning the trailing boats had more beating to do.

I did notice the 8.5 results had used the incorrect start time and whereas it said Borderlines elapsed time is 1 hour 23, that was actually 1 hour 48. That could affect your handicap results a bit.

Just a stunning leg from Orakei to Saltworks and then on to Rangitoto.

Have been missing a really good 25 knot reach for a long time.

And it was great to be weaving in and out with keelers sailing the other way !

haha yea you are right, thought we'd play it safe and go behind a nice wooden keeler.... that was until they broached in front of us! :lol:

Went round Orakei heading to Saltworks and it looked like we had 1/2 of Westhaven get get through! Was fun picking the route through... :thumbup:

I did notice the 8.5 results had used the incorrect start time and whereas it said Borderlines elapsed time is 1 hour 23, that was actually 1 hour 48. That could affect your handicap results a bit.

yes ellapsed times are incorrect for some reason (25mins missing off all results) but the corrected times are correct so no impact on handicap results

well spotted

Archived