New to NZ looking to try out sailing!

Graysonface

Hi Grayson, well done for finding us! Rob here.

Everyone else - Grayson is a real life enthusiastic friendly young American girl, new in town and keen to get out on the water, so someone pls give her a chance.

She'll be out on AC for some cruising but right wants to try some rum racing in town, if anyone's got a spot for an enthusiastic beginner?

Grayson

Your more than welcome to come out on the V Team this Friday for the rum race. Most of our crew has come from the site and most of the guys know our boat. We sail with a mixed female and male crew.

You would need to at the RNZYS yacht squadron by 3.30 on Friday. We are on F Pier directly behind the Squadron.

Cheers

Guzz

Hey Guzz and the V Team! Thanks so much for the invitation to come sail with you guys tomorrow. I have to work tomorrow night at 8:00 pm. Do I have time to come out with you? If so, I will absolutely be there!

Does the skipper get a say in this ---you're very welcome and as Guzz (aka Big guy ) says see you there --do not take any notice of any comments from the Orge about my crew's dress sense , drinking hsbits or " joire de vie "--its all true .

Hi Grayson

Good to see you found the site. This is me Fusion and Rob is Ailys Comet.

Cheers Luke

And Im the other Luke..

Just to add a little confusion :wink:

Hi Grayson

Good to see you found the site. This is me Fusion and Rob is Ailys Comet.

Cheers Luke

And Im the other Luke..

Just to add a little confusion :wink:

You must be Luke 2 :D

Sounds like Grayson's got a ride which is great, thanks V-Team.

Grayson - have fun and maybe see you later tonight 'at work'.

That doesn't sound so good, does it... :?

Hey everyone!

I had so much fun at the last rum race with the V team! Unfortunately, Im not sure if they're participating this week. Anyone else interested in having a total novice and her sister who's visiting from the states onboard to help out, maybe throw back a beer or two and learn a bit more about sailing? I'm really good at taking the mast cover off :P and I've been practicing the boat knots!

-Thanks,

Grayson (texas chick)

"I wanna do something really impulsive... but not today." -my sister!

Hi Grayson ,

The V Team has now been sold/traded to a Tauranga yachtie , and l have now got a farr 1220 --we brought her back from Tauranga over the last few days arriving back yesterday --We are likely to do a rum race this friday and l think Brendon was going to be in touch to see if you and sis want to come out .

Andrew

Archived