Mad or Cool?

DrWatson

Mad or Cool, Living life to the fullest, or unnecessarily endangering?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Mad or Cool, Living life to the fullest, or unnecessarily endangering?

• Mad
    • Cool

Definitely cool!

And Motorbike, that vid you posted is of a John Welsford 15 foot "Navigator" design. Built and owned by Dave Perillo (sold now).

The same Dave Perillo who shipped a navigator up to the Yasawas for 10 months sailing on his own. And then left it there for the local villagers.

Very cool guy. See link for a taste of his adventures.

http://www.woodenboat.net.nz/Boats/Boat ... asawa.html

Definitely cool!

And Motorbike, that vid you posted is of a John Welsford 15 foot "Navigator" design. Built and owned by Dave Perillo (sold now).

The same Dave Perillo who shipped a navigator up to the Yasawas for 10 months sailing on his own. And then left it there for the local villagers.

Very cool guy. See link for a taste of his adventures.

http://www.woodenboat.net.nz/Boats/Boat ... asawa.html

It's still there, local guy at Nanuya Island Resort (Blue Lagoon) sails it. We donated a few bits to get it rigged again a couple of winters ago when we were there.

I read an interesting book called "The biggest boat I could afford" by a guy called Lee Hughes, who sailed a 16 foot (4m) Wayfarer dinghy along the Eastern USA Intracoastal Waterway. Great adventure.

I read an interesting book called "The biggest boat I could afford" by a guy called Lee Hughes, who sailed a 16 foot (4m) Wayfarer dinghy along the Eastern USA Intracoastal Waterway. Great adventure.

That was quite a famous wayfarer and it ended up for sale in NZ a few years ago. Not sure where it is now.

Archived