We did it

No not a proa. but I have always claimed to be quite catholic - I like lots of boats.

Mark - thanks for the numbers, I want to run them through a calculator for D/L etc.

Wow! Congratulations. Thats a beautiful thing.

I was having a conversation this weekend about the need to LIVE life as opposed to just saving up for 'some day'...

Looks like you're leading the charge on that front!!

Well done on finding a way to make it happen!

Cant wait to see it in the flesh.

A schooner race - hmmmmmm. (How many schooners are there around anyway? could we get a fleet?)

Initially she'll live on the swing mooring in Opua (part of the deal was free parking while I try to pay for her), but we'll be down here for the boat warming on Dec 24th so our Xmas cruise will be back up to Opua.

If there are events i want to cover or participate in around AK I'll zoom up and do an overnighter to get back down here. I hear there's this website where you can pick up crew if necessary.

Cool John B., I thinm the biggest difference is I have swept spreaders and no fixed backstay, thus big roachy mains. Becomes significant when you have two of them.

Mark, how do I look around racetrack to see how she compares with other known entities. I tried using the PHRF you gave but made no headway with the YNZ site.

Ponsonby Scow, Freedom of Leigh and Arcturus spring to mind. There's that black steel one in charter in the viaduct too... starts with H I think.

Clarionet up in the mahurangi, she's a gaff rig of about 38 or 40 ish feet.

The big Elliot from up that way too Zindabar?

Sounding like the P.Scow will be up at the Bay this xmas with the intent of racing in the tall ships race. Not sure on tall ships race date yet. Anyone know?? Its generally first weekend of Jan?

Well done, thats quite a bit of kit :thumbup:

Thanks Phil. I remembered a line of yours that you consider yourself more of a "caretake" than "owner". I suddenly think I understand.

No, but he has promised to put in a new 12 v freezer as the old engine driven model has died. (Wonder if it will hold ice cream?)

Anyone notice I haven't done much work today?

Archived