We did it

A fridge???!!! :shock: What has happened to your minimalist philosophy in terms of equipment and "gadgets that go wrong?"

Here you have a great opportunity to create the lightest, leanest stripped-out 60ft racing schooner on gulf..... or are you being forced into some cruising comfort concessions?!

What a thrill eh , you guys must just be absolutely buzzing. She'll just eat up the miles that boat.

I only seem to have taken these two pics..

This one from the 2007 Tall ships/ classics

207_0721_r1_1.jpg

and one from 2011

IMG_8473_1.jpg

oh , and

Tall Ships Race

This annual event happens on the second Saturday of the year (7th of January 2013) - this is a spectacle of sail and a light-hearted race of classic vessels. The race is followed by a prizegiving and traditional hangi at the Russell Boat Club

She is , and because she's pretty obviously sailing a much longer waterline than the data shows.. probably 16 metres? On the old displacement hull wave rules she should well capable of sitting on 10.

all day. That'd make a prompt trip to the islands.

My argument to the beloved is that the speed means that around the NZ coast you are simply that much closer to a protected anchorage if it gets unpleasant, plus 4-5 days to Tonga sounds OK too.

On the old displacement hull wave rules she should well capable of sitting on 10.

all day. That'd make a prompt trip to the islands.

10 kts average is right up there with the cruising cats.

Mark, how do I look around racetrack to see how she compares with other known entities. I tried using the PHRF you gave but made no headway with the YNZ site.

Hi Mr Ogre, you do realise if you visit that site, you'll be classified as hardcore racer, you'll have to hike, even when motoring, you'll have to buy new sails off B00b00 at least every two months or so and you'll be deported to Australia if you ever lose a race to a 930.

Let's see, not sure if I'll be answering your question or just telling you stuff you've figured out already.

Maybe start with the link below, it's the rankings for all boats, all time, the page Black Panther is on. Not sure if it means anything, but ranking of 666, very suspicious.

http://www.racetrack.org.nz/boat_rankin ... esign=&s=1

It's mostly a 'follow the links' type of site, most things that aren't numbers are links that you can use to bounce from place to place.

So, for example, if you click on a race name, you go to a page for that race, click on a boat in that race and you go to the page for that boat, click on a class or designer etc etc.

Most column headings are also links which will let you sort the page on that column. Likewise where information can go over more than one page, there's previous / next page options at the bottom.

You'll also find quite a few pages have other links to do stuff like show how you go month to month, by series and wins vs losses against boats you commonly race.

Helps a bit if you're a hardened racer and your boats got quite a bit of history, such as I'm sure you're about to become and the site can get a bit more complex than the above, but should get you started.

Can occasionally get a tiny bit distracting, particularly if you're at work and trying to avoid some task you especially don't like.

Nope :lol:

That was the plan this weekend but Sat was blowing 40kn and we only had about 1 hr on Sun before we had to get back on the road.

Plan now is to get away mid week sometime, spend a day with the old owners , then a day or two with just the two of us around the Bay. But we're a bit busy at work (except for today which I spent looking at pictures of our new boat) so not sure when that will be.

Bluudy hell, congratulations!!!

I was expecting a gaff rigged, ferro cement proa with stain glass windows, not some beautiful Spencer

That is a seriously nice looking boat, well done on sealing the deal.

Excuse me for asking, but as an official “Crew.org” photo boat – is it tax deductable? :wink:

I need to discuss that with my accountant, possibly I could claim some operating costs if I use it as a racer chaser and take young StephenC out to get some photos. I believe Zoe did something similar???

I need to discuss that with my accountant, possibly I could claim some operating costs if I use it as a racer chaser and take young StephenC out to get some photos. I believe Zoe did something similar???

Next thing you will need an MNZ number for the boat......

Archived