Autohelm 1000 parts

B00B00

My trusty old Autohelm 1000 has stopped working.

A mate took the boat out for a few days and said he had some problems with it towards the end of the trip. The motor was working but just not driving the arm. I thought it might be the new power socket that I just put in and a lack of voltage but I hooked it direct tot he battery and it still wasn't working. I could hear something rattling around inside so took it apart and the drive cog that goes on the motor shaft has broken in two. I imagine this could only happen if it was overloaded?

It looks like it should be a pretty easy fix but it seems that parts for these older models are hard to find and not stocked.

Does anyone have an old Autohelm 100 that doesn't work that I could buy for parts or know of a place to get replacement parts?

Josh 0212222143

I have a ST1000 coming up from wellington (thanks Dave) that I might be able to either get going or use for parts. But if that's not going to work then I would most definitely be keen. I believe the 800 and the 100 were very similar. Where are you based Armchair admiral?

Actually I struck gold, a mate put me in touch with the guy from Equal electronics in Te Atatu. he has literally thousands of old marine electronic units of every kind. He chucked a new motor and drive gear in mine for $40 and did it while I waited at 8.30pm the other night.

If anyone ever needs parts for older gear then he is your best shot at it.

Awesome service and probably the biggest collection of old bits in NZ.

Actually I struck gold, a mate put me in touch with the guy from Equal electronics in Te Atatu. he has literally thousands of old marine electronic units of every kind. He chucked a new motor and drive gear in mine for $40 and did it while I waited at 8.30pm the other night.

If anyone ever needs parts for older gear then he is your best shot at it.

Awesome service and probably the biggest collection of old bits in NZ.

That's what you like to hear the week before Xmas. :thumbup: While you wait at 8:30pm :thumbup:

So the art of customer service isn't dead??? It's brilliant to hear that a few companies still go the extra mile to make the customer happy. That sort of excellence in service deserves to be recognised.

Well done Equal Electronics. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Archived