SIMRAD Entries Are Open

Fish

It is possible to transfer them on the sale of the boat, so you might have acquired it in that way. All for the one low low price of whatever you paid for the 930.

Nope, I did get one for this boat after purchase of said machine. Or if you're talking 2 x Operator licenses, I've had a one since 15yo odd for boats (when I did my old school MOT tickets) and got it again with my Pilots license as required by CAA. Basically the same thing for water or air just the air exam does take a few brain cells as we can play with 400 tonne 300 people filled 747's so CAA like to know we can do more then just spell our name phonetically. Mind you aircraft use the radios a LOT and have to be very specific most of the time. None of the silly bizarre stuff you hear on marine VHF channels most weekends.

'Oh CG, I'm by an island', 'Which Island?', 'The one with trees on it' :? That is a true call we heard earlier this year.

Mind you I was in holding over Akl airport last year while a Singapore Airlines 747 was calling Chch departure for a start-up clearance. He didn't get one as he was actually below me sitting on Akl's tarmac :? I found that a tad disconcerting.

I used my Pilot one to get the boats callsign as I have zero idea what the number of my other one is it's been so long. CG didn't have any problem with that, good on them for being smarter than LSTA, who are basically revenue focused dicks. LSTA won't take a 1.5 hour full on Pilots medical as proof you are healthy enough to drive a car :?

Thanks for your concern Sharpie but think its suits.... a couple of greenhorn 2 handers vs you lot who go around the island 2 handed...

Just so long as its uber light then I'm happy.. shes a bloody handful in the heavy.. forgetting that I'm shedding 11 crew for the race!

Just so long as its uber light then I'm happy.. shes a bloody handful in the heavy.. forgetting that I'm shedding 11 crew for the race!

You and me both. Im praying for less that 15knots all day - I havent run my reefing lines yet and gybing my girl, short-handed with running backstays is um entertaining.

Now that is amusing: knot knowing the background, I scrolled down that sequence of posts and thought Sharpie's comment about a little girl screaming was a scathing reference to Tuffyluffy's post on reefing lines and the challenges of gybing runners short-handed. It was nearly one of the best smackdowns of the week - might still file it away for future use.

Best of luck to all. :thumbup:

The Smallboat course has a slight change this year.

It is important to note that after rounding Islington Bay Red, you have to sail south of Iliomama Beacon before heading back to Bean Rock.

...one more sleep.......

....168 boats parked up in a 400m radius drinking rum for 5 hours waiting for the breeze to fill in......

Small Boat Cruising is now up to 8 boats - only 7 on the website. Looks like a fun division.

After doing the talk at Richmond, I actually checked my boat. 1 new flare, 1 larger fire extinguisher, most of a first aid kit, a new strainer on the bilge pump, and a couple of buckets later I am good to go. Amazing how time flies on some things.

Aahhh, I don't like playing with myself......

Anyway, there was a bit of discussion behind the scenes to make the new division a success. It looks like we've got the split pretty well sorted with everyone where they should be. Kia Kaha will go fine, and possibly only Club Fed may have wanted to drop down but will have good racing on line against the other short haul boats.

YachtYakka, Iliomama is a fairway mark.

You must pass south of the beacon.

Bean Rock is also a fairway mark as are a lot of other navigation buoy. are there those who pass north of Iliomama? More fool them. rocky bergy bits in there. hope to see you on the start line :wave:

hope to see you on the start line :wave:

Oh oh, someone let him off the Island?

Kan't have been for good behaviour surely, he must have bribed a guard ;) :)

Weather update - NorthSoutherlies from the East and West with winds gusting to 6kts with peaks of 2

Sunday paper headlines - CG reported mass drunkenness rife amongst Yachties.

Akl Airport got a gust gust before 6am, all the way up to 4kts :? That's about twice the average for the last few hours.

More coffee, more rum and quietly slide a dirty girl into the forepeak :thumbup:

Archived