Auckland Regatta

MOTORBOAT

75 entries in now. :wave:

Hopefully the weather holds for the Steinlager beach party. The beer will be cold and the Mount Gay Promo girls will be there so don't be late :thumbup:

Yes the 930's are six so according to the management the 930's will have their own start.

Some of them are a bit hazy tho on how many days the 930's are doing. Is it the Fri/Sat/Sun or just the Sat/Sun?

a.f.u

Yeah, hopefully we can get over 10. It seems weird to get 12-13 for the PCC winter series and not be able to get at least 10 out for what we've earmarked as a champs.

If you know a Ross 930 skipper hassle them into doing the BMW!

Yeah it seems like it's just the 2 days (sat/sun)

3 were just here having a group chat. Sadly between all 3 of use we can't make one working boat :?

But we'll all look pretty flash out there for the next Nats.

Hopefully the weather holds for the Steinlager beach party. The beer will be cold and the Munt Gay Promo girls will be there so don't be late :thumbup:

And your lovely wife will also be there so don't get to excited :wave:

Hopefully the weather holds for the Steinlager beach party. The beer will be cold and the Munt Gay Promo girls will be there so don't be late :thumbup:

And your lovely wife will also be there so don't get to excited :wave:

Enough gip out of you boyo :lol:

Yes the 930's are six so according to the management the 930's will have their own start.

Some of them are a bit hazy tho on how many days the 930's are doing. Is it the Fri/Sat/Sun or just the Sat/Sun?

a.f.u

Yeah, hopefully we can get over 10. It seems weird to get 12-13 for the PCC winter series and not be able to get at least 10 out for what we've earmarked as a champs.

If you know a Ross 930 skipper hassle them into doing the BMW!

Yeah it seems like it's just the 2 days (sat/sun)

You guys should let Emily know how many days you want. You can contact her through the Regatta website :thumbup:

a.f.u

I'll make next years play date....... In bits this year still so all f*kd Up for making the start!

Auckland Regatta Service

North Sails will be providing a sail repair service for this regatta.

Where possible a pick up and drop off service will be provided and we will have a chase boat at Motuihe to take sails back to the loft so skippers and crews can enjoy the Steinlager beach party.

Contact –

Josh Tucker 0212222143

Carlos Harris 0212941259

www.northsails.co.nz

Auckland Regatta Service

well done :thumbup:

and why do the mullet boats mot want to be a part of this and if so why don't they sail on another weekend, they're part of the problem why we can't get back the regatta's of old :thumbdown:

Or am i missining something.

Can we start a new thread on Otto's theme Mr Squid? I am interested in this and I am trying to collect opinions on it to help one or two of the events I work with.

3 were just here having a group chat. Sadly between all 3 of use we can't make one working boat :?

But we'll all look pretty flash out there for the next Nats.

Shall we reserve judgement... :lol:

As a keen sailor and boat owner, a few thought that come to mind.

I agree REVS “Are there too many clubs servicing and diminishing customer base?” this is a problem with all types of clubs at the moment.

If the yacht clubs in Auckland were owned and operated by a corporate, there would not be three clubs at Westhaven. However I do acknowledge that there is a lot of history attached to the various clubs and nobody wants to lose their identity.

It has always amazed me that clubs like Devonport, Ponsonby, Richmond, Akarana & RNZYS can’t have a combined cruising series and beach BBQ’s

As far as the Auckland Regatta is concerned the RNZYS and BBYC, combined, are the only clubs that have the resources, to run such an event, and you have to take your hat off to them, for investing in an event, not knowing how many entrants they will get and if in fact they will break even financially.

After operational expenses, most clubs rely on income from bar sales to keep in the black. It is disappointing, the numbers after a race, attending prize giving’s. Perhaps instead of having a drink on the boat after the race, skippers should encourage the crew to go back to the club for one drink!!!

Clubs, use them or lose them.

After operational expenses, most clubs rely on income from bar sales to keep in the black. It is disappointing, the numbers after a race, attending prize giving’s. Perhaps instead of having a drink on the boat after the race, skippers should encourage the crew to go back to the club for one drink!!!.

True, we used to pride ourselves on being first back to the bar on Sundreamer, mainly because we were up there finishing. On Wild Oats, despite being back in the pack and way over at X Pier, we are still first to the bar and I don't think we shortcut packing up.

It has always amazed me that clubs like Devonport, Ponsonby, Richmond, Akarana & RNZYS can’t have a combined cruising series and beach BBQ’s

this can't even happen in the Bay of Islands with our relatively small clubs (all 4 of them)

As far as the Auckland Regatta is concerned the RNZYS and BBYC, combined, are the only clubs that have the resources, to run such an event, and you have to take your hat off to them, for investing in an event, not knowing how many entrants they will get and if in fact they will break even financially.

every regatta has that problem... and I don't take my hat off to them... it doesn't matter how large the regatta is, you always worry if you are going to break even. Just the nature of the beast. And I think as an organiser you do get a thrill out of having a happy fleet because their anticipation to race is huge and they get to experience premium racing and excellent hosting on land! The last time I've experienced this was at RPNYC. The weather was lousy but the lead up to the Regatta and the feeling of being welcomed & the hospitality made up for everything that went wrong (and things do go wrong all the time)!

After operational expenses, most clubs rely on income from bar sales to keep in the black. It is disappointing, the numbers after a race, attending prize giving’s. Perhaps instead of having a drink on the boat after the race, skippers should encourage the crew to go back to the club for one drink!!!

we always urge all crews to sit at the club and debrief instead of on the boat. It works really well to run the prizegiving as soon as possible after racing... gets them back to the club house and spending money on the bar (the only place a club can make money)

Clubs, use them or lose them.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Auckland Regatta Service

and why do the mullet boats mot want to be a part of this and if so why don't they sail on another weekend, they're part of the problem why we can't get back the regatta's of old :thumbdown:

Doyles are the official supplier to the Regatta

Auckland Regatta Service

Doyles are the official supplier to the Regatta

Weather looking good for the weekend. Why not sail 3 handed if you cannot get a full crew. Going to be easy sailing and would be a heap of fun. I will be watching from Motuihe getting the drinks cold for everyone. Would be nice to be out there racing. ENJOY

Bring Your Own Flags

It's BYO for flags this year – here is the list of divisional flags for reference - please make sure you have the correct colour onboard:

DIVISION CLASS FLAG COLOUR

Div A Open Blue

Div B Open White

Div D Open Black

Div R930 Ross 930 Purple

Div F Farr 1020 Black & Yellow

Div G MRX Green & Black

Div M Mulithulls Green

Div N 8.5 Multihulls Orange

Div Q Young 88 Mount Gay Flag

Div E7 Elliot 7s E7 Flag

Div E9.5 Elliot 5.9's E5.9 Flag

Good luck... This will be interesting....

Archived