timberwolf

interesting -who designed your amas mr wolf?

in conjunction with the old Cochrane design, and looking at every picture of BMW Oracle we could find,

the new Amas are designed by Tim Clissold of TC Design.

vertical stripped foam?

Foam is softened with a Infrared heat lamp then bent in , in sheet form. Then sewn in place.

I understand this is the way Dragon was done as well as Dirty Deeds.

http://www.bobfishermarine.com/Dirty%20 ... 0Pics.html

I think DD was vertically stripped.

Id be surprised if you could get a whole sheet in there in one hit even with the infrared. maybe you could take a vid for the interested people?

I formed my Farrier F32 floats with 1200mmW (12mm) airex sheets with industrial heater blankets and it saved heaps of cutting and glueing. Basically allowing the heat to be kept uniform over the entire width while it was pressed into the mould - then once the foam was secured in place I'd take the heat blankets off and let it cool in place. For the Farrier builds, most use 150mmW to 300mmW vertical foam strips with IR or heat guns to warm the foam.

vertical stripped foam?

Foam is softened with a Infrared heat lamp then bent in , in sheet form. Then sewn in place.

I understand this is the way Dragon was done as well as Dirty Deeds.

http://www.bobfishermarine.com/Dirty%20 ... 0Pics.html

I think DD was vertically stripped.

Id be surprised if you could get a whole sheet in there in one hit even with the infrared. maybe you could take a vid for the interested people?

The shape of the new amas has really very few tight curves in it.

Sure, in some places the sheet width has to be reduced.

And there will be a join at the deck line.

In most places the foam goes in , in quite wide strips up to 1200 mm wide.

.... and there are details I would like to keep confidential just at this stage.

Fair enough. Will there be any photos of the foil construction? or is that the said details?

we are going to be building a curved foil case mould as well as female moulds for the foils them selves.

This way if others want a set we can sell them some.

I will be making the foils and cases at Hall Spars.

In most places the foam goes in , in quite wide strips up to 1200 mm wide.

So actually its still just vertical stripped but the strips are 1200 wide (and presumably a little less at bow/stern if needed to achieve a tighter curvature). Eamon - sounds like your putting in 'whole' sheets - ie. 2400 lengthwise?

If so I'm thinking wastage is a little worse with Eamon's - though you could use it up in bunks, furniture etc.