San Fran

bushman

Well everybody over there has said what a great venue this city is for the cup :eh: , but as someone who likes to sail a sail boat it appears a bit sad that you can only legally sail for 30 min a day pending the tide etc etc , it makes me realize what a great country we live in :D even better when you live in the Bay Of Islands :clap:

The whole event is built around TV, hence the start times, course length being adjusted each time to manage the race duration time, location, 5 mins max to finish 2nd, a whole race done and dusted with commentary and fill ins in 40mins (plus adverts = 1 hour TV time slot), rampant verging on intrusive graphics and all the rest. The whole idea of this radical change is to 'engage the Facebook generation'. No sure why as the majority wouldn't be the sponsors target audience I would have thought.

Hasn't anyone been listening to RC for the last 3 years?

Wait for another week then it will be the BBS (Big Boat Series), unfortunately it knot like the yesterday years when there where big boats racing when they raced in the breeze and currents.

If the above makes no sense sorrry but I been at the pub for several hours gettting ready for Saturday morning. :wink: :clap: :clap:

TV... they even said as much on the broadcast this morning...

Surely it would be better for TV to get to races in and start one hour earlier then what's been happening?

Yesterday was stressful and frustrating. By wearing an ETNZ shirt heaps of locals come up and talk to you, asking how the racing is going etc., even some homeless people wanted to know. I even got interviewed by CBS TV!

I thought that the friendliness of the city was surprisingly good and they can even understand me. Some were disappointed when they found I wasn't anyone famous.

15374_578755502161615_871599836_n.jpg

The only people we talked to who favored Oracle were from Newport, RI. Their logic was that if Oracle won, Ellison would take the cup back east where the locals weren't so hostile. Never mind that technically the cup is held by Golden Gate Yacht Club, not Mr. Ellison; yes, he almost owns the club, but other members might object if he took the cup 3000 miles away. With a little luck today, the issue won't come up.

The only people we talked to who favored Oracle were from Newport, RI. Their logic was that if Oracle won, Ellison would take the cup back east

"the 80s called - they want their cup back"? :roll:

Archived