Electronics I would trust

banaari

But in real life I think the longest i ever went without a sight was 2 or 3 days.

My best for keeping the sextant in the box was way back in 72.

All the way across the Tasman until 100 nm of the coast, then we where only 50 nm north of sydney, good allowance for the East Australian current.

I was doing DR every day from the log book, which is normally made up by the helmsman. :wink: Even included a big circle while listening to an All Blacks/England match and 3 empty rum bottles.

. . . But then a Sextant has issues with the Dark stuff too, so.........Anyway, you then simply use a Torch.

Such a ludite :!:

My sextant has a press button "BUILT IN LIGHTING SYSTEM" so is easy to use at night.

:thumbup:

We'll probably soon all have Google Glass and a personal gyrocopter the size of a fly so we can view in real time as it is or a robot navigator with a sexy ass with other uses that uses the above.

I was of the understanding the thread is about 'emergency back up when your boat is trashed and waterlogged'.

Am I to take it from the responses many people expect their boats to be 'trashed and waterlogged' as it's usual operating condition?

You need better Nav skills to get from Alk to Welly than you do Akl to Aussie.

I was of the understanding the thread is about 'emergency back up when your boat is trashed and waterlogged'.

Waterlogged is the same as them that have hit a rock and them that are about to

No one plans to get wet (unless you sail a Ross boat) but !

I run a mostly dry boat (dry as I can get it) but we had floor boards floating for awhile in the weather bomb in the RNZ.

H F T B P F T W

Archived