The Second and Final Race of the 33rd Americas Cup!

ScottiE

(a little ballsy I know - but I've been for a run tonight and the subsequent Monteith's followed closely by a glass of merlot have both gone to my head!)

Alinghi docked out - no mention of BMWO - perhaps they're giving them a head start.

So I wonder if EB will physically hand over the cup at the dock after or will he cross the line with a protest flag flying!?!?\

Alinghi docked out - no mention of BMWO - perhaps they're giving them a head start.

So I wonder if EB will physically hand over the cup at the dock after or will he cross the line with a protest flag flying!?!?\

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Classic

(a little ballsy I know - but I've been for a run tonight and the subsequent Monteith's followed closely by a glass of merlot have both gone to my head!)

Of course he won't. I reckon race 1 dropped a huge dose of reality and humility into the Alinghi camp and if they face another defeat I doubt they'll try anything else smart but just accept it for what it is.

And most of the Alinghi squad will be on the market looking for a new synidcate to join. I predict team Alinghi will fold. The fact that they have won so much has been the drawcard that countered the evil ways of the drug lord. But a losijng drug lord is not an attractive proposition. They'll run like rates from a sinking AC ship. inclduing BB.

What was the protest about??

I think you'll find the protest was something to do with the way the start was set up. To their credit they let it go probably figuring that it would have been imaterial to the outcome.

BB said

“ We wanted to get the right hand side of the start line. We were a little bit bunched by the start being called so late in the day. We really weren’t close enough for the time that we had and we struggled to ping the ends and then gybe round and get to our end so we got a nice penalty for free and that was two for two, so we like be even numbers, that is good. We thought we’ve got the penalty we will gybe round and we could not get to the starboard layline to the committee boat which is what wanted, because of the spectator boats.”

“We managed to get what we wanted and I think we had better pressure on that side on that long starboard tack and we pushed the boat harder than we have ever pushed it on both tacks.”

Do anyone else think that "Virtual Eye" was useless this time around as it don't show any information except to the separation and distance to laylines. In AC32 there was lot more information available such as: distance sailed, average speed per leg, boat twa,tws. As far as I could see the old war plotting tables under Whitechapel showed more for the technology they had to use.

Sorry for the late postings about the races but I was over in New Plymouth sailing so I couldn't watch the races.

Archived