9 minutes ago, harrytom said:

Drop number 2 off Sunday evening at AK uni and pick up Thursday evening. Often wonder down the through Queen st and surrounding areas and think why would anyone want a business in Downtown, empty buildings some real sh*t apartment conversions,lowlifes with hand out on every corner. Why would(if i was in business)need to go to the cbd when we have lawyers/accounts etc out in the suburbs who are just as capable. Working from home I can see people being more productive without the management wombles interrupting with silly questions. Well the wife seems more productive, and user friendly as not coming home complaining about workmates and their trivial lives. 

The small team I manage - their productivity is outstanding when working from home.
You can't eff about - the stats don't lie.
However, it seems old habits die hard with the top brass.  Some just can't get out of old ideals.
It's all about being back in the office for them.
MInd you, we have a few sailors like that, that can't accept new technology 😃

• Like 1
18 hours ago, KM... said:

Chatting to a dude who lets office buildings in the CBD this morning. He reckons there is empty space all over the show and it's only going to decrease out of Queen Street.

I think that should be 'increase around'.

Working from home productivity studies show there are 2 sorts of workers, one is noticeably more productive, the other noticeably less, with seemingly less middle ground than is found in a typical work place environment. I don't have a problem believing that as one of mine when working from home is a machine in getting sh*t done but then I'm the opposite, far too many distracting toys on hand at home so the work environment keeps me on track a little better.

The new home office should be finished later this week, I suspect 2 of my 3 jobs may take a whack but the 3rd will thrive.

6 hours ago, KM... said:

I think that should be 'increase around'.

Working from home productivity studies show there are 2 sorts of workers, one is noticeably more productive, the other noticeably less, with seemingly less middle ground than is found in a typical work place environment. I don't have a problem believing that as one of mine when working from home is a machine in getting sh*t done but then I'm the opposite, far too many distracting toys on hand at home so the work environment keeps me on track a little better.

The new home office should be finished later this week, I suspect 2 of my 3 jobs may take a whack but the 3rd will thrive.

But since when does the guy at the top not play golf, go sailing, drink pina coladas 😁

1 hour ago, KM... said:

The guys at the top are workers too fella.

Too right.

Looking forward to seeing your enlarged premises too.

enlarged premises.

Just to make it very clear what that word is and there are no euphemisms in play ;) :)

Yes we're looking forward to the huge space increase ourselves.