Jump to content

Westhaven berth lease expiry 2026


Recommended Posts

Oh gezz, aren't you just a bundle of joy, that sounds scary :)

There's so much going on down there a and into seabed with 200 years of gawd knows what gone into it evil will be lurking in many corners. But as this is a new phenomenon we're picking all the tupperwares and that lectric stupidity will be involved somewhere. The timing is just to coincidental. 

Bitch to Westhaven and what will happen? A Jacinda, a nice mummy concerned smile while they increase the rates yet again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, KM... said:

Oh gezz, aren't you just a bundle of joy, that sounds scary :)

I do try. Maybe I need your pre race workout regime.

I've got to stress I have no specialist knowledge of these things, just a general technical knowledge. If you do want to get Westhaven fully engaged and pro-active, don't mention issues with your boat, they will just zone you out as noise.

Bring to their attention the issues with their assets, the concrete pontoon. That all by itself is telling a very load story. As asset owners, I'd expect Punuku will have 2 dozen consultants down there faster than Jacinda can impose level 3, checking out why the life of their asset and potential RoI is dissolving into the water.

PS, I know of just the consultant guy to get onto this case, if you need a reference.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Fish said:

As asset owners, I'd expect Punuku will have 2 dozen consultants down there ......

who will collectively come up with 3 dozen different opinions, all opinions heavily qualified but of course recommending on-going expensive investigations......😄😄

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Got any pics of the new structure KM? Surely they were not stupid enough to have exposed metal in the sludge? This is why wharf piles are timber, or special concrete and prep to ensure the reinforcing is protected from the liquids. Two exposed metal pylons could indeed form a battery, and if your boat is between them, or nearly so, it could be part of a circuit.

The boat must have two exposed bits of metal, or something long and conductive. The pitted area is where the current leaves the boat.  There must be an entry point, maybe rudder pintles or shaft? 

I do understand that in some circumstances damp timber can conduct as well,  but don't know much about that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fish said:

Maybe I need your pre race workout regime.

😁😁   It's highly recommended and it's just like anchor chain, more is better then less :)

It's not a large lump of tupperware paying a K a week, they won't care. They want us gone from Westhaven and are actively working towards that end game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Island Time said:

Got any pics of the new structure KM? Surely they were not stupid enough to have exposed metal in the sludge?

 

Surely they are and they did and it sure is. It's the promenade, been in for a few years now and going OK, thanks to a acro prop.

The latest structure is the big expansion of the commercial sales berth which is illegal under the rules Westhaven is governed by. But the Council/Panuku just said 'We are above the law so it can get fucked' and did it anyway. One of many things that busts the laws down there they not only ignore they  roger right up the chuffy.

It's sad and disheartening to see the carnage the council is causing to Auckland heritage. Also not that fun being fucked over by your own council either.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Island Time said:

Surely they were not stupid enough to have exposed metal in the sludge?

Errr, you've not been to Westhaven lately ay? the whole new promenade is made of a steel structure, with steel piles into what ever is beneath it, a fair bit being seawater and sedimentary sludge's etc.

I'm pleased you also question this, as its been bugging me ever since they built it, how you can put steel in sludge and not have a problem. Thought I just didn't know what I was talking about.

Some of those posh new houses just across from you IT have steel piles in the reclaimed GH sludge. 15 m deep, went in like a hot knife through butter. All the digger had to do was hold the I beam up, and in it slipped... They are tied into the concrete floor pad for the house. Which all sounds well and good, but you'd never guess how they get an earth spike in for the electrical supply of those houses.... Tied into the reho of the floor slab. Apparently the building code only requires 50 yrs durability for these things, including piles and floor slabs?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, knew about the ones in  GH. Still dumb, imo, but they are not directly in the water. Possibly not quite so dumb. Time will tell.

Theoretically, if the steel bits are all connected, they have the same potential, but immersion in anything acidic at multiple points is asking for trouble. Yes, I know two types of metal and acid make a battery, but guess what - the earth wire is copper....

Directly in sea water, which is slightly acidic, is a recipe for disaster. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fish said:

Errr, you've not been to Westhaven lately ay? the whole new promenade is made of a steel structure, with steel piles into what ever is beneath it, a fair bit being seawater and sedimentary sludge's etc.

I'm pleased you also question this, as its been bugging me ever since they built it, how you can put steel in sludge and not have a problem. Thought I just didn't know what I was talking about.

Some of those posh new houses just across from you IT have steel piles in the reclaimed GH sludge. 15 m deep, went in like a hot knife through butter. All the digger had to do was hold the I beam up, and in it slipped... They are tied into the concrete floor pad for the house. Which all sounds well and good, but you'd never guess how they get an earth spike in for the electrical supply of those houses.... Tied into the reho of the floor slab. Apparently the building code only requires 50 yrs durability for these things, including piles and floor slabs?

Have been to Westhaven, just busy with work and did not pay much attention to it.  Sounds like a right shambles!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/02/2021 at 1:49 PM, Island Time said:

Have been to Westhaven, just busy with work and did not pay much attention to it.  Sounds like a right shambles!

Yeap. But it's OK as boat owner are all rich white pricks so deserve to be screwed over, or so the Panuku mantra goes.

The thing is Panuku wants to knock over Westhaven and it's users as they know it's the hardest one to do that too so once Westhaven et al fall the rest will go quicker than a tax man after your wallet.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KM... said:

The thing is Panuku wants to knock over Westhaven and it's users as they know it's the hardest one to do that too so once Westhaven et al fall the rest will go quicker than a tax man after your wallet.

 

 

I am sure you know Panuku does not own Westhaven any more, they are just the managers. It was transferred back to the council in some fishy deal to avoid tax.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/110522994/auckland-council-plans-220m-tax-dodge

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...