Another "Coastal Clash"

dont give a rats about the rest of them, im on pahi and we just want to beat playbuoy. feels like we have been trying since the dawn of time.

but the open 40

taiping

karma police

deeds

DDF.

pork chop...

The class 40 by a decent margin (for the record the boat is not carbon and its not an open 40, big difference!)

Taeping

KP

Deeds (charlston will be the first 8.5m long cat thou but not 8.5 class legal)

Recreation

First 1050 HV (im on it) but unfortunatley I think Pork chop will the the first 10.5m elliott (its not a 1050)- new prod, new gennakers and new big spinnaker-all norths.

Overall handicap win will be Beau in the lickety split.

"Deep throat" : sounds like it might win,typo??
In fact lets have a competition

Your pick for line

Revs vs Open 40

Taeping vs Triple 8

Karma Police vs Overload vs Deep throat

First 8.5 to finish

Ross 930s Recreation / Drop Dead Fred / No Worries.

Name some other duels' date=' make some picks and we'll give away some Mount Gay.[/quote']

Freudian slip

In fact lets have a competition

Your pick for line

Revs vs Open 40

Taeping vs Triple 8

Karma Police vs Overload vs Deep throat

First 8.5 to finish

Ross 930s Recreation / Drop Dead Fred / No Worries.

Name some other duels, make some picks and we'll give away some Mount Gay.

Mmmmmm Rummmmm

I gotta say the new Cookson 40

Taeping

Deep throat

I'm thinking Dirty thoughts..... However they are not cheap.

Recreation

Deeds (charlston will be the first 8.5m long cat thou but not 8.5 class legal)

Charlston is actually 8.7 BOOBOO...

I pick the class 40

Triple 8! (im on it... :wink: )

Karma Police

Deeds

Recreation

Of the original 5 that squid put up MarkM got 4 of them right.

in the 6th category between the 2nd div boats however

RC got High Voltage right, and got 3 of the original 5 right,

meaning they both got 4 out of 6 right.

Full credit to the Mighty High Voltage... have beaten us on line by less than 2 minutes 3 times now... you guys really have the wood on us for this race.

We had a great ride, took a gamble and went outside the Hen and Chicks... pulled back in just behind Jive Talking and F11.. yet the Voltage had done the same thing up the inside...

Good fun race

Cheers to the Multi boys and the Pants girls for another ripper

Na Tom, we went well outside the hen and chicks on the voltage as well. Our gains on you guys were made in the early gybe at kawau while you guys carried on offshore at a henoius angle for another 30min!

We just kept the big gear on all the way to the brett sitting on 10-15kts and dropped it as we went on the wind. You guys were smoking upwind thou and we thought you were going to get us. Luckily we managed the last slam on top of you guys.

The other 1050s were all a long way back. It was also nice to beat force 11 and jive talking and only be 10min behind higher ground.

Truxton had a great race and we were right next to each other the whole way.

Well done to Beau on the tounge twister, i did predict an overall win for you guys!

Mast Head all the way... shows the difference on the boats.. even though Ive tried to make us as similar as possible... we were fraccy and reef the whole way to Brett from about Mangawhai

Yea we were pretty sticky at Kawau... new kite rocked but we simply didnt have enough breeze to get some speed going to make it pay for us and genny wasnt much better..Suppose the lesson there for us is you can keep going in to go out again.

We did see Mr Wolf and Pretty Woman come back out but must have missed you guys.

I was on No Worries and won the 930s and line Div 3. Drop Dead Fred did everything right to Cape Rodney and we were a poor 2nd at that stage with Recreation taking too long to get back onto port at Flat Rock. Most our division took the high road so we went with them. We put on the m/h reacher at Rodney and did well and then went to overlapper and slowly wore down DDF to be 50m apart at Sail Rock with Recreation 1 mile behind. We set the frac gennaker early and launched to get a good jump. Went to m/h racher at Tuts and held it to the gap. Ran out of wind at Whale Rock including 3 goes at trying to tack. This brought the bunch up to us. DDF must have come home well to beat us on PHRF by 2 minutes but we got 2nd. The S34s went outside and also must have come home well.

Nice to be finishing with a Ross 40 (TBDA) and the caravans.

I'd forgotten how uncomfortable R930 side decks are and how hard it is to see past crew on narrow boats.

Thanks Boo Boo.Must say the conditions were designed for us and the jump we got at the start gave us a big advantage.Result would have been a bit different had that same breeze been from the other direction. Thought Truxton had a good one too as did you guys and Pork Chop.

We went outside Hen & Chicks too and used the small code zero to come in ( very fast ).

Doubt if we will get same conditions next year as that would be 3 in a row so maybe I start planning another boat ! ( not )

Cheers.

Archived