Mahurangi regatta

It's on Anniversary weekend. There is a race up on the Friday night.

Main day is Saturday 30 Jan. There are various events in the morning at Sullivans Bay (kayaks, dinghies, launches etc). Classic keel yachts race from 1pm.  Band plays at Scotts Landing 6pm - 11pm. BYO food and drink.

Race back to Auckland Sunday 10:30.

2 hours ago, ex Elly said:

Classic keel yachts race from 1pm.

and unkeeled thank you Elly.

Not all of us are rich enough to afford extravagant luxuries like a keel ;)

1 hour ago, KM... said:

and unkeeled thank you Elly.

Not all of us are rich enough to afford extravagant luxuries like a keel ;)

Gee KM, we know its taking a while to finish off the reptile, but surely you'd want to put the keel on it before trying to race it again?

• Like 1

SR's been finished and fully operational for going on 2 years now. I do still need to finish the boom.

I was talking about all the classics that are centreboards, some of which are rather large boats.

Last 22' head to head they crossed the line L, PP, L, PP, L, PP.

Twas fun and we need to do it again as I was telling an ex L and newish PP owner only last evening. 

Back up the dingy, I had someone this arvo have a wee giggle and stab at this part of your comment, one I missed while having a wee moment over your stab at my 108 yo old baby....

On 22/01/2021 at 6:44 PM, waikiore said:

the interesting hair dos

WTF? Are you that brave, that sick of living, that so willing to throw the bird at the wokies you are willing to dis the hair?  Mateee..... you sure like living life out that edge don't ya ;)

Booked in for March 22, Papaora Field Days sheep sharing competition.  I've entered as a sheep being to tight to pay for a hair dresser ....... but I have reserved the right to withdraw if any sharers from Taranaki turn up, they view sheep the same as the rest of us view our WAGS and no way I'm losing my virginity to some horny character in Red Bands from New Plymouth ;)

FYI - I got given a pair of Red Band sox, awesome and highly recommended not only in red bands, they have also proven magnificent under my MX boots.

On 23/01/2021 at 10:42 AM, KM... said:

Last 22' head to head they crossed the line L, PP, L, PP, L, PP.

Twas fun and we need to do it again as I was telling an ex L and newish PP owner only last evening. 

Wait, this was a thing?

If you do it again, I can think of another 22 class that could muster up a fleet. 

From memory, not a million miles away performance wise either.

Yeap it is a real thing :)

We'll keep your 22's in mind for next time, it is a big pile of fun.

• Upvote 1

I guess you are asking on behalf of another vessel as ply boats will never be allowed!  

However modern classics are 1949-1970, built in wood using traditional methods. e.g. Stewarts, Townsons, etc.

The big issue for KM is whether he has enough lubricant on board to oil mullet boat muscles that have not been used for 25 years -his ring in crew for the Saturday race, professionals ex Lipton winners ...Year 100 has brought them all back