Boat rage

7 minutes ago, Fish said:

I'm actually interested in what the law says, if someone chases you down and assaults you, are you allowed to whack the f*&%ker back, or just stand there and be assaulted?

Given the provocation by the guy that has been arrested, I'm not seeing any cause for concern by the lady with the oar. I'm sure that faced with the same provocation, many here would have physically assaulted the guy in response... (or at least on the oar to connect first time)

Had he boarded her vessel then yes to the oar,but once he left her vessel the threat has passed??

• Upvote 1

I think you'd find the law says no you're not.

I guess its all a matter of degrees. If you are threatening me with deadly force and its a matter of survival due to the gravity of the threat - I must have the right to snot you first, but only enuff to make u desist or enable my rapid escape.

If she had hit him & killed him (which is feasible - a mathematical genius may be able to predict the tip speed for us i spose:) she'd be up on a murder or man slaughter charge. And rightly so - imho.

• Upvote 1

I'll only comment on the. video when I know which one votes Labour, National, Act, or Greens, and then tailor my comments accordingly.

Then we can move this to small talk 😆

• Downvote 2

My bad...from the same article...

Whangamatā police charged a 52-year-old woman on Tuesday afternoon with common assault in connection to the incident. She will appear in Thames District Court on February 18.

Rant over.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, Zozza said:

I'll only comment on the. video when I know which one votes Labour, National, Act, or Greens, and then tailor my comments accordingly

It's very easy to tell by their actions dude ;)

7 minutes ago, KM... said:

It's very easy to tell by their actions dude ;)

I think all involved in this incident let down "The Team of Five Million"

So, send 'em all to the slammer 🤩

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
2 hours ago, Romany said:

My bad...from the same article...

Whangamatā police charged a 52-year-old woman on Tuesday afternoon with common assault in connection to the incident. She will appear in Thames District Court on February 18.

Rant over.

Blimey, I'll have to eat my dinner Romany, that was updated after I posted. It would appear I have been corrected...

That would be the answer to my question of what the law says.

I'm sure there will be plenty of comments around here on him being recalled to prison, but at the end of the day, I guess if your on life parole, you can't go round starting fights...

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/americas-cup/300215615/american-magic-handed-200-fine-after-close-call-with-ferry-in-auckland-harbour

$200 fine for buzzing the Waiheke ferry. Exceeding 5 knts within 50 m.

I'm sorry but $200 is a joke. Most fisho's would spent that or more on petrol, bait, lures and beer for a day on the water

Makes the enforcement angle look very very weak indeed...

2 hours ago, Fish said:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/americas-cup/300215615/american-magic-handed-200-fine-after-close-call-with-ferry-in-auckland-harbour

$200 fine for buzzing the Waiheke ferry. Exceeding 5 knts within 50 m.

I'm sorry but $200 is a joke. Most fisho's would spent that or more on petrol, bait, lures and beer for a day on the water

Makes the enforcement angle look very very weak indeed...

But on the bright side it only took from September to February to secure this conviction.

Heavy-handed AND super-quick enforcement!  Not.

30 minutes ago, Dtwo said:

But on the bright side it only took from September to February to secure this conviction.

Heavy-handed AND super-quick enforcement!  Not.

Yes, considering this was all over social media at the time, I'm not sure why a speeding ticket took 6 months to issue...

A man facing charges after a boat-rage incident in a Coromandel Harbour remains on strict bail conditions for another month with his next appearance expected to result in a resolution. Arguing for a dismissal of the two charges relating to the vessel, he argued that Dixon had already “done his time” having been on “five weeks and five days” of strict bail conditions since this last appearance in March.

Meanwhile former deputy principal of Tairua School Catherine Browning, 52, was granted dismissal. Under the diversion scheme if the offender completes agreed conditions the charge is withdrawn and a conviction will not be recorded.

She has since resigned from her senior role at the school.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/waikato-times/news/300270960/hes-done-his-time--lawyer-of-tairua-boat-rage-accused-pushes-for-dismissal