Panmure 33rd two handed weekend

Quarterback

Apparently, yacht racing is a fun sport and an enjoyable way to spend a weekend.

If we on the Animal Farm could have got our hands on the f@#%er whom started this vicious myth at around midday Saturday they would have suffered a slow, horrible disemboweling with a winch handle.

The function on Saturday night however went a long way towards reviving my faith in the sport.

Well done PYBC, we'll certainly be back - if not for the racing at least for more of the steak! :thumbup:

Congratulations on a good win yesterday AF. Low through the Tiri Passage was fastest. Wasn't it good to get away from Kawau so trickily and to be able to look back and see the rest of the fleet struggling while we were all powering across the bay. Not often we get that sort of a break. So for us Friday and yesterday were good. Saturday not. Nice to get a couple against B&G. Might go up and do the last two handed with Weiti to have another go.

Likewise, we had two good days preceeded by 1 absolute Mare.

Still, first time I have raced on the AF, and the first time it's been raced two handed so it was a pretty steep learning curve for both of us!

It was great to get the overall gun on Saturday, a few tense minutes at the end after a looooong day of frustration.

Sunday we made a perfect start and looked like we were going to sail away from you until you got into that breeze line west of us and pulled us back in. We had to work hard to get over to the easterly that we knew would be trying to come around Momona point, in the end we got a hook into it before Transformer and River Rebel and got out of there.

The rest of the race was a no brainer really, we know that in a decent breeze we wouldnt be able to beat the bigger boats on a shy reach so decided to sail the shortest distance. I can;t help but think that if you had just hung in behind us the result may well have been different as CC certainly seemed to have comparable speed to us in that breeze.

I'm certainly poked today, it's obviously been too long off the water for me!

Congratulations on a good win yesterday AF. Low through the Tiri Passage was fastest. Wasn't it good to get away from Kawau so trickily and to be able to look back and see the rest of the fleet struggling while we were all powering across the bay. Not often we get that sort of a break. So for us Friday and yesterday were good. Saturday not. Nice to get a couple against B&G. Might go up and do the last two handed with Weiti to have another go.

AND I think you should! In fact - bring AF up with you as well...but every time I look at those sails on AF I go green with envey! Might have to put the order in for a square top raceing main.... :mrgreen:

Great racing on the weekend lads and ladesses - certainly worth the effort and look forward to next year! :thumbup:

could have got our hands on the f@#%er whom started this vicious myth at around midday Saturday they would have suffered a slow, horrible disemboweling with a winch handle.

Oh, do tell more.

Sounds like you all have a great weekend, good to see.

Am I to gather BnG is still having 930 issues? Oh dear ;)

Be damn good to see CC and AM come play at WBC.

Club opens at 4.30 for the early birds

I would like to hand out the rum prizes and some Gin at about 6.00 or there after cash bar and the galley in open for burgers chips etc from 5.30

There is a second group from the Freash water anglers arriving at 7 for there monthly meeting

so you are all welcome to stay a while 8 - 8.30

AA did ring and ask if we should do the last 2 handed race (he has a thing about beating Cool Change). After I agreed he changed his mind and decided his sex life was more important. Could you guys have a chat with him on my behalf?

I think he's protecting the value of AA by keeping it on the marina. If AA was coming out that would be an even bigger draw. We've beaten B&G twice this weekend so are not keen to expose ourselves to a beating unnecessarily.

I think he's protecting the value of AA by keeping it on the marina. If AA was coming out that would be an even bigger draw. We've beaten B&G twice this weekend so are not keen to expose ourselves to a beating unnecessarily.

:lol: :lol: :lol: So CC 2 to BnG 1 was it?

You do realise we'll be there as well so you may have to rethink your exposure levels {he writes thinking Hmmmm, that may have been a brave call}

Now AA, put that lady down for just a few hours, as if any of us believe you're at it 24/7 anyway and would be jealous as if you were, and take Squid for a slide. I want to beat more than just Ross boats :twisted: :lol:

I'll talk to Murray re: dragging the Green Hornet up to the Tropics for some roundy round racing. Can't promise anything tho, he's pretty shy and it doesn't help that all the channel markers up there are back to front and that water goes down the drain in an opposite direction to the rest of NZ.

Oh and that the handicapper would rather smear himself in peanut butter and throw himself to the dogs than dip himself in kevlar and throw himself to the Ross clan... :silent:

Not in the least worried about duking it out with you guys, but not this time. Apparently someone's birthday is more important than racing with you...

Hey Changed - forget about the first two boats home did we - an Elliott and a Lambert!

Again a big thanks to PYBC for a well run and enjoyable series as ever - about the ninth we've done and certainly part of my "compulsary" calendar. Its getting so popular at our Club (Richmond), we do not schedule any event against it now.

Although that lawn at North Harbour is starting to look small.

Certainly an event that is fun, can be physically challenging, lets smaller boats be Giant Killers and is logistically easy with the catering, booze and excellent venues sorted.

Yes a great event and pleasant weekend indeed.

Perhaps a better Tsunami warning system may be useful for NZ, and for the fleet as a whole but this probably, on the law of averages, will not be needed. Still we were happier to weigh anchor sooner and be in 10+m of water, rather than stay in 2m shallow bay.

Thanks PYBC

Some seemed to be finishing much sooner than others though. Go the hotrods. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Only 1 turbo really had a significant edge (on everyone) and one had it's arse kicked by the Pedigrees. It was surprising to see just how much difference there wasn't at times.

What the turbos picked up in straight line speed was offset a lot by the way faster manoeuvring the Pedigrees can do.

It was a fantastic day and we walked away pretty happy considering it's the first time in 3 years 1/2 our crew had been on a yacht and the 1st time in over a year our boat has sailed short sharp courses like those and raced inside the harbour.

Hope to see you at WBC.............. for a arse kicking...... he says with marginal confidence :)

Archived