Shoalcraft 30

I'm in the market for a Shoalcraft 30. I've sailed and had an inspection of the 'mothership' Moonfire. It's in a sad state, but possibly not a goner. I do NOT want one on which the cabin top has been extended forward. The original design is splendid, but... errr... not the above-mentioned. anything considered.

Don't know of any but there are a couple down here, always liked the roominess of them and thought they would make a great family boat for harbour and coastal stuff, the shallow draft would get you into a lot of places (i.e. upper Tauranga harbour) others can't go. good luck in your search.

I owned Muffin a shoal craft in Auckland for about 15 yrs. I understand it was one of the first out of the mold, fitted out in mostly used Kauri and Mahogany by the owner. Beautifully finished. Power by Nanni 30hp diesel. Great family boat not all that fast and did not point high compared with more modern designs no doubt not helped by wide beam forward but roomy inside. Great inshore sea boat. Managed 9 knots in  brisk SW reach but broke the goose neck, so limped home under motor. Sad to let her go when I had to move to SI.