Sea sickness meds

Grinna

Go to RFD and ask for some of the close to expired medication they use in the liferafts. I know 2 people they have worked well for but one said they made her drowsy, the other one had no problem,even having a glass or 2 of wine on top.

There is a reason medication expires, I would not recommend anyone stick anything in there gob that has expired.

I have seen all sorts of remedies over the years; I still maintain the only 100% guarantee is sitting under a tree.

Other than that, The Paihia Bomb is one I have used for customers for years, I myself take some when I do a delivery if I have been ashore a while, they do help. I have seen these bring an Asian back from the dead. You can take them overseas with a letter from the pharmacist

Guest Rocket

Statement was made that everyone feels seasick - I don't. Longer at sea likely reduces chances of seasickness. My observation and experience is that most feel unwell initially but that after a day or so they come right. Have had guys in the Fiji race dose themselves up on various potions - it can definitely be done but they seem to spend alot of time sleeping.

Hey that'd be a good paint scheme for Sub Reptile. :thumbup:

Freehand has been considered ;)

I don't get seasick either. I'll occasionally feel 95% until after the 1st sleepy but I think that maybe more anxiety as I very often have 1st timers aboard and do worry about them a little at the start as to whether they'll go loopy on me or knot. And it's usually a boat I haven't been in the deep blue on so there is that 'will she stay in one piece' concern as well.

Most people get crook to some degree but there are some, which do seem to be a small minority for sure, that it just doesn't effect.

Agree with Rocket that many dose up then sleep a lot, hence I suggest starting a day or 2 early with some meds especially the ones that cause snore offs. Get the sleepy bit out of the way so you can get on with sailing and cocktail hour/s, or on the odd boat, cocktail days.

I haven't been seasick either . but i can be very tired by the time we actually leave, a good argument for anchoring for a night then leaving in the morning, but Customs would get angry so I'd never do that.

This thread is raising more questions than answers:

- what does happen to the expired medication out of liferafts?

- how do you find out where a Stugeron dance party is taking place? I have a friend who would like to know

- do the safety regs require the dowelling to be 16 mill or would a smaller diameter be as effective? And 500 mill long? :o That damn near would be taking them orally, just not by the normal method. :eh:

This thread is raising more questions than answers:

- what does happen to the expired medication out of liferafts?

You haven't been invited to the RFD annual 'Med Head Rave' then? She's a 72hr long ripper or so the paramedics told us after the resuscitation.

- how do you find out where a Stugeron dance party is taking place? I have a friend who would like to know

Oh yeah, as if we are gonna share. Liferafts aren't getting serviced as often as they were hence diminishing resource issues and all that.

- do the safety regs require the dowelling to be 16 mill or would a smaller diameter be as effective? And 500 mill long? :o That damn near would be taking them orally, just not by the normal method. :eh:

100mm of 12mm is more than enuff but 500mm of 16 is a LOT bigger incentive to make sure you stay a useful and healthy member of the crew :lol:

So what exactly do these Pahia Bombs have in them??

caffeine in one not sure about the other, But will pop down to see him tomorrow and get the list of goodies

Any idea where to buy Pahia bombs around Westhaven? Got an 1100 mile gin palace delivery and the missus is a bit concerned about the lack of sails.

If you can't get them in Dorkland, I'm in Paihia - I can pick some up from the Pharmacy and post them if you like, and you can stick some money in my account. I need to pop in there anyway to get paperwork for taking my own stash offshore.

I bought Scopoderm for the missus as they are menat to be really good. We were doing a delivery back form F1J1 last year, she put it on and was fine only to find that when we got to NZ after a bit of a rough trip she had not taken the foil off the back of them. Its all in the mind!

I bought Scopoderm for the missus as they are menat to be really good. We were doing a delivery back form F1J1 last year, she put it on and was fine only to find that when we got to NZ after a bit of a rough trip she had not taken the foil off the back of them. Its all in the mind!

:eh: :shh: :shh: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blockhouse Bay pharmacy make something similar to the Paihia Bombs except its a single capsule. They work really well and work on the same principles as the Paihia Bombs. Give them a call on 09 627 9913.

Turns out they are only allowed to supply them from their outlet and nowhere else. Blockhouse Bay probably a bit out of the way with all the other stuff we need to do before Saturday departure. I'll just strap her to the driver's chair and duct tape a bucket to her neck. :sick: :sick:

Archived