Veladare

Great Barrier Rubbish Collection

Total nutty response. Given that many people are away for a couple of weeks what do they think is going to happen with rotting stinking rubbish? I dont care how "green" your credentials are there is a certain point when festering trash gets biffed. 

There was a rubbish guy there but not on Sundays and public holidays. Nice guy. Not sure what they thought would happen when he was not there. We bought a bag but ended up not using it. Recycled stuff was free, normal rubbish you needed a bag. Saw the pile getting bigger while we were there. We are lucky in that we have a rubbish storage area, but still prefer the barge.

We had a bit of a shambles. Anchored in 20 knots blowing straight up Fitzroy. Got ashore in dinghy and noticed fool in marauder banging into our boat as he tried and failed to anchor. Left Mrs to sort out rubbish while I went to deal with that.

Mrs left rubbish in black bag next to bins while she walked up the hill to the shop to buy special orange bag. Walked back down with special orange bag to find someone had moved black bag. Couldn't find it so I picked her up and we got out of dodge before anyone else crashed into us.

We now have a special orange bag and nowhere to use it.