Hutchwilco NZ Boat show tickets

Island Time

Hi Everyone.

I have a double pass to this (well it's posted to me apparently, I don't phisically have them yet) to give away;

ASB Showgrounds, May 15-18, 2014

Open10am to 6pm, late night Friday until 9pm

Adults: $20; Children, 16 & under: Free!

"The Hutchwilco New Zealand Boat Show is New Zealand’s largest, most popular and most varied boat show — and, according to those who visit boat shows in both countries, the best boat show in Australasia!"

So, who wants a couple of free tickets?

Here is the deal - post on here your best reason why you should get the tickets rather than anyone else! I'll pick the winner by Tues next week, so I have time to get the tickets to the winner before the show starts!

Matt

I want to buy a new 2hp motor, hoping to pick up a good deal at the boat show. So tickets would be awesome (and help bring the cost of the ob down)

Well as you know I am doing a complete refit on my boat and well, of course I need a lot of things. Would be good to see all in one place and get some good discounts! Also just getting to know the different suppliers would be great too! :thumbup:

It used to be the greatest perhaps, but IMO, far from what it used to be. Last year one major Boat Manufacturer decided it wasn't worth the Cost of him attending any more. It used costs him about $60K to attend with a Display. He decided to put that money into TV advertising and you may have seen his Adds running for a few months last year.

The show has really become something more for the Trailer Boat market. Unless things are changing for the HW show this year.

The On the Water Boat show is more aligned to the Sailing and Big stink Pot Boat markets. But even that last year didn't seem to be all that great. I really think some major changes need to be made to both these Shows. People told me of the days when the HW show used to flood the ASB Show ground and turn it into a Lake and have all sorts of Water activities on it.

The On the Water Show has become pretty much just a huge Showroom of the same ole same ole. Very little Boating related entertainment. At that Trade show thing they do where the various companies have competitions at building a boat and then racing it is far more exciting and these Boat shows need this kind of entertainment to capture Peoples attention and make an exciting day out. Especially for the cost of a Ticket these days.

Well I run my own business (only been going 11 months) working massive hours to get it going - don't spend much time with my little fella....

Would be great to take him along to his first boat show and spend some good father son time together (and give Mum a rest) He's only 18 months, so would only need the one ticket.

Oh, and I am looking at buying a race yacht (once I sell the launch...)

Cheers :)

What's second prize?... 2 double passes? :evil: :roll: ...

To many fizz nasties, and those dudes selling "self ejaculating hand pumps" for many a true sailor.

Hi Island Time ... well its worth a punt;

Where does one start, first off we are land locked, cant even smell a sea breeze. There's no local marine shops (ie Brunsco, Mount Smart etc) to kill the time of day in, sure are even less brokers with glossy pictures in the window and no sail makers (did I mention I need a new foresail too). So a 230 km trip (each way) to a boat show can become something special. Even if its to remember why you haven't been to one for a few years! As far as I'm aware I'm not in the market for much (beyond the head sail), but who knows what one may find.

The second part of the task is to get the deck hand, anchor wench, chef, wet weather helmsperson to want to have a weekend in Auckland. Lets go to the boat show just doesn't do it any more. However as the 19th is a wedding anniversary, just maybe if i popped out how about we go the Auckland for the weekend for our anniversary (and by the way I have free tickets to the boat show) .. thats got to be a show stopper/entry!

cheers from a puddle jumper.

Hi Island Time ... well its worth a punt;

Where does one start, first off we are land locked, cant even smell a sea breeze. There's no local marine shops (ie Brunsco, Mount Smart etc) to kill the time of day in, sure are even less brokers with glossy pictures in the window and no sail makers (did I mention I need a new foresail too). So a 230 km trip (each way) to a boat show can become something special. Even if its to remember why you haven't been to one for a few years! As far as I'm aware I'm not in the market for much (beyond the head sail), but who knows what one may find.

The second part of the task is to get the deck hand, anchor wench, chef, wet weather helmsperson to want to have a weekend in Auckland. Lets go to the boat show just doesn't do it any more. However as the 19th is a wedding anniversary, just maybe if i popped out how about we go the Auckland for the weekend for our anniversary (and by the way I have free tickets to the boat show) .. thats got to be a show stopper/entry!

cheers from a puddle jumper.

Will Island Time be held responsible if this is the last anniversary?

OK, we have a winner, eruptn!! He lives the further-est away, and has the best sob story!!

PM Sent!

Oh so you wanted a sob story??? I could have made my story be a sob story.... but I'll spare everyone! :lol:

Archived