In my dreams..

smithy09

:D :D :D

I like most of them...but does the dream come with being able to afford to keep them on the water AND go places ?

If so...I would love an all Ally 65 footer one off, expedition yacht. It must be able to take the ground ( lifting keel)...

Be super good on fuel.

Sail at 8 knots...and make great coffee...

Sleep at least 8, but can be sailed by one.

Take the worst weather, but drift in the lightest.

I can but dream...

Must be pretty big creeks and harbours at 1.6 draft!
With a 1.6 metre draft you can utilise most canals in Europe with the mast down. You can go from Bordeaux to Sete and from Marseille to Rotterdam. So yeah, 1.6 metres is pretty handy!
For the lead miner's. ..numerous times during the day I ponder what boat I'm one day going to buy that will help me achieve glory in the hobart fastnet middle sea race caribbean 600 arc but at the same time let me share these victories with my young kids.

As I ponder further I am torn between a pogo 50 or a Cookson50. The way I see it I'm only 6 little lotto number's away so I best do my research now. Which would you pick and why? !

I'm with you on the Pogo 50. The FC 53 is by the same designers and just a little bit more upmarket than the Pogo 50.

Like Priscilla I can't think of another boat at the moment I'd rather own. But I like IB's wish list so how do I stack up

..I would love an all Ally 65 footer one off, expedition yacht. It must be able to take the ground ( lifting keel)...63 ft glass over ply a compromise which makes it affordable and a construction I am comfortable - never worked with metals. Serious disadvantage with deep keel, but all boats are a compromise, in this case I gain affordability and performance

Be super good on fuel. That's easy - sail every chance you get and I'll one day add a windmill for charging

Sail at 8 knots...and make great coffee...Comfortable at 9-11 and capable of lots more - score one for me. I'm a tea drinker.

Sleep at least 8, but can be sailed by one. Check

Take the worst weather, but drift in the lightest. Haven't had her in a real blow yet but I'm delighted with light weather performance - close to wind speed at times.

All in all not bad.

I have the boat of my dreams but I have always been a sucker for large Wilkies and heaps of tumblehome.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/boats-m ... 673333.htm

Anybody out there know what ever happened to Kishmul .

I can't remember which one it is but there's a one tonner on the Gold coast ? somewhere in AU east coast anyway , that's been for sale for a wee while now.

Wow, that's impressive to see Young Nick in all her glory. Last I saw of Kishmul, she was painted white and very cruising orientated, but that was some years back.

It would be good to see her back in the old green colours.

A lot of my early years were spent around Kishmul and dad kept coming back to her until he finally gave up sailing in the mid 90's.

I also have a real soft spot for these boats, but the well balanced description in the advert doesn't quite fit.

You had to be mister muscles to keep them straight on a hard reach. And downhill was just plain scary at times.

Looks similar in concept to pulse, only Tim C made pulse look good.

Gee Thanks! I think I own my dream boat already. Not slow (30th overall in the Coastal), comfortable to sail on and cruise on. Biggest cockpit and the best entertainment system for it's length anywhere I bet, and has seen some great parties. Wouldn't swap it for anything!

Pulse211114.jpg

Archived