Crew Rum race 2014

Island Time

I can't decide between the Spencer or the trailer sailor...

Schzando or Uenuku... (uenuku is easy)

There is an easy dress up alternative.... Join us on... WILD!

Or Wild Oats but I'm not sure about being covered in... porridge?!?? waikiore, that's just gross :lol:

I thought part of the goal was to have as many boats as possible out there with people who're new/being introduced.

Besides, looks like I'll have the kids this time so won't be drinking like last year... or the 727 Nationals :oops:

AN update;

Entries have been pretty slow still, and the ones that have sent the entry forms and PAID the $20 fee even slower. PLEASE NOTE - you are not entered unless the fee is paid!!

I also want to re-iterate - this is NOT a formal race. The event is run under the COLREGS, NOT the RRS. Protests will be considered after we have finished the rum that is the protest fee, and then the protest will be discarded!!! THIS IS NOT A FORMAL RACE! DO NOT GET INVOLVED IN ANY "INCIDENTS". There is no club overseeing this event, and no protest committee. It is a "RACE" by name only, as that is what it was traditionally called.

Added to the prize list will be two flash BBQ type systems - Cobb Kitchen in a BOX! See herecobbkitcheninabox.jpg

Worth about $400 each. Great prizes!!

PLEASE GET YOUR ENTRIES IN - so we have at least a rough Idea of numbers - for catering etc.

Thanks,

Matt

Dambo, did you do the entry form on the front page? I don't seem to have your one? The entry form also goes to Mark (Racetrack) for the handicapping. Please complete one, or email/ph me if you have done so (because I did not get it!!) Thanks

Matt

editor@crew.org.nz

Entries to date people,

Atamai (first 44.7)

Galway Girl (Farr 1020)

Hawkeye II (Beneteau 50)

Kaimai Flyer (Young 11)

Marshall Law (Ross 40)

Memphis (Lotus 1280)

Namu (nz 37)

Palmyra (Stewart 34)

Pavo (Stewart 34)

Provincial Cowboy (Ross 40)

The Entertainer (Ross 930)

Veladare (Fountaine Pajot 42)

Wild (Farr 727)

Wishbone (Reactor)

We get lots of 'junk' entries as well and it can be easy to miss the real ones so if we've missed you, we apologise and please don't be shy aboutchecking.

This year we're acknowledging all entries with a quick reply so if you don't get a reply, something may have gone astray and if you could check with either myself (markm@racetrack.org.nz) or Matt (editor@crew.org.nz) we'll make sure we have you on the list.

Entries to date people,

Atamai (first 44.7)

Galway Girl (Farr 1020)

Hawkeye II (Beneteau 50)

Kaimai Flyer (Young 11)

Marshall Law (Ross 40)

Memphis (Lotus 1280)

Namu (nz 37)

Palmyra (Stewart 34)

Pavo (Stewart 34)

Provincial Cowboy (Ross 40)

The Entertainer (Ross 930)

Veladare (Fountaine Pajot 42)

Wild (Farr 727

Wishbone (Reactor)

So Wishbone and Wild will be starting on Sunday afternoon so everyo has a fair cahance to catch up :)

Being a non-Friday has ruled out three Weymouth boats, would have been two Hartleys and our Cherry.

Mind you, would be pretty difficult for us to top last years second place I think!

No reason you can't come for the party! As I said earlier, we had complaints from several clubs when the event was scheduled for the Friday. Can't keep everyone happy. However, I am considering setting the date for next year as the Friday before Christmas, and getting in first!

19 entries so far this year, and starting to come in. If you are coming, please get your entries in! The caterers want an idea of numbers....

Archived