Barker and Dalton should go.

Guest Ketchup

Match racing skills are not required as much in Cats smithy. Rubbish. Start line is everything and Dean held his own. Fleet racing is Soooooo diferent to one on one.

San Fran was an awesome event accept where they hid the compounds and having "the cone" on the starboard layline.

As for deans experience... well he has sailed a lot but his experience does not contain any big event wins! I don,t count his match racing wins with much cred.

Oh for God's sake:

1993 NZ match racing champs: 1st.

1994 NZ match racing champs: 1st

1995 NZ match racing champs: 1st.

2001 ISAF world match racing champs: 1st.

2005 Congressional cup: 1st.

2006 TP52s: 2nd.

2009 TP52s: 1st.

2010 TP52s: 1st

2010 Louis Vuiton Cup: 1st.

Yup, what a loser!!

Burling is already a better sailor and down more than Barker. Barker has failed in the Olympics, world champs at senior level, AC... URL g has a silver multiple world champs in big fleets, and is still very young.

Enough. Your arguments have little value, only persistence, bringing very few facts to the table, which is easy to do. Visit any pub... I am backing up what I say with reasons. You are just banging the same old points, so at this point, I withdraw. Smithy out!

Guest Ketchup

Attention Tomato Sauce. major thread drift. Ignore this post!!

Ahem.... As KM would say, "I've gone deep" (Actually only one Google search, but why let the facts get in the way of a good story):

And this means what?

Foterra has shrunk as a company?gone to #1 in NZ/asia... it not our biggest income earner / employer?

I,be seen better drifting in south Auckland on a Saturday night smithy. Now back to defending Dean... stay focussed man!

Guest Ketchup

Enough. Your arguments have little value, only persistence, bringing very few facts to the table, which is easy to do. Visit any pub... I am backing up what I say with reasons. You are just banging the same old points, so at this point, I withdraw. Smithy out!

I have offered many reasons, which you ignore, and offered facts!

That list proves my point. Very few low quality wins over 20+ years!

Same could be said about your posts smithy... persistance, little value etc... it just differing perspectives. I respect your perspective and you fight your corener very well... unlike most "fence sitters" here.

Look... whatever happens happens. If Deans stays, helms and wins... I will be the first to say I was wrong, and for dean it would be great and get a big monkey of his back. But if he loses I will say that was an another opportunity lost.

Smithy, we share the same passion just different view point.

Agree to disagree and look forward to the next AC.

Been great debating with you!:-)

... and no Mandy is not my cup of Tea... a bit like finger nails down a chalk board! For me