let's celebrate

Guest Ketchup

Guest Ketchup

Barker has been dumped as Numero uno Skipper for Team Dalton.

And yes I know it might be a power play by Dalton to get rid of a threat for the top job but....

This now leaves Barker and all the "anti Coutts Brigade" with a big dilemma!!

If Barker cannot stay with the team in a secondary role and is offered another postion with another team ( who would be stupid enough? god only knows) then does he remain loyal? ( well that's a stupid question as he says he is a loyal Kiwi!!!) Or does he take the money and make all the anti Cotts brigade look even more stupid than they already look!)

My take is some team will want to get his knowledge of team Daltons set up and boat technology (and not his exceptional choking ability) and if he takes it....BOOM! Look who's a TRAITOR....

Gonna be fun watching.... oh happy days!

Dalton next...

Guest Ketchup

Hey Ketchup who gives a flying "F' about the AC.

Nothing to see so move along bro.

Hey Sis? Many "anti Coutts" dudes do"!!! And you do by posting to try and stop the floodgate of replies :-)

Oh happy days.

team Dalton have half a chance now!

Guest Ketchup

Hey Ketchup who gives a flying "F' about the AC.

Nothing to see so move along bro.

A actually P2. I thought about this and I tell you who gives a flying F about this.

1. The anti Coutts tossers who are soon to be embarrassed by their sailing god Barker

2. All those boring Nana's who sit at home with Nothing to do and love Dean.. without really knowing why.

3. All the silent people on this site who are to afraid to have a opinion because they might be seen to be Wrong.

4. All the people ( a very small minority) of people on this site that defend barker.

5 Barkers friends namely those icons of moral fortitude... like tony veitch, john cambell etc...

Thats who! MIND NUMBING AYE!

Guest Ketchup

If any of you out there have half a brain stop now. This thread will degenerate into sh*t fest like it always does.Matt do us a favour would you?

Romany. Are you PC controller!

Grow up and have an opinion and stop presuming that a good debate on a subject will turn I to something other than that.

Or in English..... have an opinion.

Guest Ketchup

Romany. Are you PC controller!

Grow up and have an opinion and stop presuming that a good debate on a subject will turn I to something other than that.

Or in English..... have an opinion.

Also... I presume you mean... do you a favour!... there is a Ignore function. Use it and let people have a say on things you may not like!

STUYA!

I don't feel as gleeful as Ketchup about it but it is time for a change if there's some one to take over, as there obviously is. Not change for changes sake but getting too entrenched is bad, and he's had a good go.

Ketchup, I'm surprised you haven't asked for some private "alone" time on this thread. But there was more than just Barker wrong at the last challenge. The decision not to protest and the lay day were the worst.

Guest Ketchup

Sorry everyone. I started the First Dean Barker thread a while ago as I had the heads up a few weeks ago that he was being "assessed" in the teams environment.

So I thought I would get the ball rolling while waiting for yesterdays announcement.

Once he is dumpsed I will, yes will stop! But on the positive side...LETS CELEBRATE THE NEXT AC WITH A NEW SKIPPER AND A BRILLIANT TEAM HEADED BY TAURANGAS FINEST SON AND NZ BEST SAILOR...

PETER BURLING

LETS SEE THUS GUY IN ACTION, WITH RAY DAVIES IN SUPPORT AND NORTHLANDS BEST SAILOR BLAIRTUKE AS RESERVE/MAYBE WING TRIM.

LETS CELEBRATE RENEWING THE DEAD WOOD AND INSTALLING SOME NICE CLEAN CARBON FIBRE!

15 years of Dean is behind us!

How are you going to feel when they put Barker in Daltons place? I love the AC the biggest BS fest on the planet, it's entertaining, fascinating, crass and totally removed from reality. At least with F1 cars the technology can filter back to every day practical uses but wing sails? Who give a c**p How's that going to get little Johnny to school. The AC is almost art mixed with a soap opera. Got to wait 2 years at least  :cry:. But there'll be court hearings and plenty of BS and gossip to catch up on in the mean time :razz: . Maybe some more cheatn'  :shifty: The last one was brilliant including the preamble with the Swiss.

For every one who hates it just remember it's not a usual event and it's not normally a level playing field either which is one of the things that makes it so difficult to win.

I've merged the two Barker/Dalton threads. No reason to have both which were basically the same. IMO Barker won't be gone (that would be stupid), just moved to another position, which is logical.

Ketchup, your "prediction" for the removal of Barker and Dalton is like a weatherman saying it will rain. Eventually, they are all right! I predict that your obsession with this on here will also end one day, forcefully or otherwise, same way Barker and Dalton will eventually be gone. Bound to come true! :-)

Guest Ketchup

Here we go again, your hate campaign against Dean is becoming tiresome.

Wrong GW, I don,t hate Barker. I just hate his poor sailing ability versus all the incorrect praise he receives, for the money he is paid.

He not a great sailor. Burling already is by virtue of the regattas he has won!

Great sailors win the big events, get medals in Olympics, and win world champs.

There are great sailor inNZ that sail OK dingies and these guys do it for zero and bring sailors from around the world here!... and without all the BS.

We have Craog Monks, Hamish pepper, Gavin Brady's, Jo Aleh, Powrie, and many more great sailors.

barker is all "silk shirt" and no undies. He is image with little substance. The aforementioned are not.

Soryy if that is a bit harsh for you but 15 years of Losing is hard for me and many others.

Guest Ketchup

I've merged the two Barker/Dalton threads. No reason to have both which were basically the same. IMO Barker won't be gone (that would be stupid), just moved to another position, which is logical.

Ketchup, your "prediction" for the removal of Barker and Dalton is like a weatherman saying it will rain. Eventually, they are all right! I predict that your obsession with this on here will also end one day, forcefully otherwise, same way Barker and Dalton will eventually be gone. Bound to come true! :-)

It not about a prediction IT but doing what is best for NZ sailing. I have stated, for a long time (9+ years) that Barker would never win this. That is not a prediction nor a guess but based on how mine and others view his skill base, record, and persona.

I and other saw it in 2005. I stated it on crew in 2005/6/7//8/9/10...

It was obvious to me then and I was right. I put my balls on the line and still have them.

Other kept backing Barker and were wrong.

Simple as really.

Anyway as soon as he is gone I will stop posting about him.

Go Burling!!!

Guest Ketchup

How are you going to feel when they put Barker in Daltons place? I love the AC the biggest BS fest on the planet, it's entertaining, fascinating, crass and totally removed from reality. At least with F1 cars the technology can filter back to every day practical uses but wing sails? Who give a c**p How's that going to get little Johnny to school. The AC is almost art mixed with a soap opera. Got to wait 2 years at least  :cry:. But there'll be court hearings and plenty of BS and gossip to catch up on in the mean time :razz: . Maybe some more cheatn'  :shifty: The last one was brilliant including the preamble with the Swiss.

For every one who hates it just remember it's not a usual event and it's not normally a level playing field either which is one of the things that makes it so difficult to win.

Pumbaa, that is a terrible thought and should never happen. Barker will never do what Dalton does. He is to "nice/soft" plus Dalton will never let it happen.

Dean need to get back in mono's and prove his value. Win a world champ in a senior class and get the monkey of his back.

He should do this for himself. Nobody else! And he needs to take some time to really evaluate his true value and what is best for him.

If he stays as a back up helmsman that would be sad and would not add value to Dean Barker nor Team Dalton.

But if he hit the circuit won some cred and proved what he has always failed to deliver then that would be great.

It not about a prediction IT but doing what is best for NZ sailing. I have stated, for a long time (9+ years) that Barker would never win this. That is not a prediction nor a guess but based on how mine and others view his skill base, record, and persona.

I and other saw it in 2005. I stated it on crew in 2005/6/7//8/9/10...

It was obvious to me then and I was right. I put my balls on the line and still have them.

Other kept backing Barker and were wrong.

Simple as really.

Anyway as soon as he is gone I will stop posting about him.

Go Burling!!!

With the way the rules are now written Burling will never win this either

Archived