Has Atom Ant flipped??

SloopJohnB

excellent. i even remember to turn the gas off after use

Now there's quite a lot to heating the pies, more than just turning the gas on. Infact its nearing a work of art. Its highly critical to ensure they are hot through, but then you have to leave them just long enough after turning the gas off so as to not burn your mouth on the gravy. Of course the worst you can do is burn the top, thats very amature. And presentation is critical. I beleive pies are best served in a handy towel, but there will be many opinions on this. I'm sure the roast chock boats could only handle plates and cutlery. The minimalists probably just eat them cold, and I'm guessing the rafts have thier pies cold and soggy...

What do you do on the Piedie's, have them with rum?

Nothing to heating pies... The year we did the coastal in the Junkyard Dog we thought pies would be an awesome feed idea. Didnt think about heating them up just ate them cold. Problem was Irvines pies the Cheese is runny even when the pie is still slightly frozen... Heinous!!

excellent. i even remember to turn the gas off after use

Now there's quite a lot to heating the pies, more than just turning the gas on.

Got a SSB?

Just tape the pie above the insulator and have a radio chat with a mate for a couple of minutes. Also handy at night as the pie will glow in the dark so easier to find if you drop it.

Simple really :lol: :lol:

RNI on the Waka, I ate freeze dried spag bol for every meal. All we had was a jetboil that heated exaclty 2 cups of water which was the perfect amount for the freeze dried.

Every boat has an oven. Just put the lid on the pot.That's how we heat our pies. A little ring of tin-foil to keep the wrapper off the bottom of the pot and turn the gas up full bore. I only have one ring and one pot on the boat. We heated fourteen pies up on our way back from Tauranga. Worked a treat and its hard to beat warm food.

Actually I'm really disappointed as I was hoping to go for a burn on Kan't Know on Sunday but it didn't pan out that way. So I'm still anxiously (in a good way) awaiting my first raft ride.

Archived