Interislander Kaitiaki in trouble

5 hours ago, khayyam said:

Eeek. Apparently the tugs probably didn't have the ability to tow her in those conditions. So damn good thing they managed to restore power...

given the conditions their effectiveness would be unknown and untested, very thankful they weren't tested

Its all true , and the local emergency services were lining the shore waiting as she drifted in , not having enough grunt from Tugs is something I didnt think would occur in Wellington with their history, I guess the Lloyds man will be enquiring why the cooling system is common to all four engines?

55 minutes ago, waikiore said:

Its all true , and the local emergency services were lining the shore waiting as she drifted in , not having enough grunt from Tugs is something I didnt think would occur in Wellington with their history, I guess the Lloyds man will be enquiring why the cooling system is common to all four engines?

I thought be best seeing how the tugs couldnt tow in to the wind,way tow back to picton?

1 hour ago, harrytom said:

I thought be best seeing how the tugs couldnt tow in to the wind,way tow back to picton?

If they couldn't get it back to Wgtn, I'd be terrified getting towed across the Straight & into the Sounds. I'd probably jump off & swim for it! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2