Any Farr 1220's languishing in NZ?

Looking to get out of the 1020 and replace with something suitable to take family to the islands next season.

The 1020 is such a good boat that it's bigger Sister would seem a good way to go.

Anyone have/know of one that may be coming up for sale? 

Cheers

Had a look at 1 with the Family and although it was a stunning example, and they tick a lot of the boxes for me, the size of the cockpit was a real turn-off for the misinster of profit disbursement and shoe acquisition.

I see it as a good/safe offshore cockpit, she sees it as something where you can't stretch out to sunbathe 😅

I know of a couple that have sold recently for well under what you'd expect, I recall them being over $200k not THAT long ago.

I overcame that concern about cockpit size by regularly removing the wheel when we had more than the 2 of us on board--regularly have 6-8 in the cockpit --6 easily , 8 a squeeze-- when we have the wheel off--easy access through the boat to the duckboard

We used to remove the wheel.  Until I was brought on deck one night at 3 am by a thunderstorm with 50kn behind it. Angela went forward while I started the engine and put the wheel back on.  Except in my haste I dropped the nut to the cockpit floor where it promptly disappeared down a cockpit drain. By this time Angela  had the anchor up and was wondering wtf I was up to.

Maybe take it off but put it back at bedtime?  We were never brave enough to try again. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yes BP--that happened to us once when a squall came in while in Te Kouma---didnt lose the key but fumbled a bit ---now put the wheel back if any sign of weather but with the 2 of us its not an issue leaving it there --I would say that often the cockpit is to hot for sun bathing and thats why we have an awning up