A new excuse for going aground

I was always told that if you touch the sea bed by mistake you should claim you were calibrating your depth sounder, and if you get stuck you should immediately get over the side and start scrubbing the bottom to make it look deliberate. 

Good to see someone in Auckland has used a bit more imagination. Getting beached as a "protest". Riiiight.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/mairangi-bay-beached-boat-skipper-claims-he-is-protesting-about-wastewater-in-waitemata-harbour/PICH7U73XNFTDDAIMQSWDYSPRE/

• Haha 1

Haha not bad

"I'm going to stay on the Beach till I can talk to the Mayor"

2 paragraphs later...

"I tried to winch off this morning but it only moved a bit"

Might be a good spot for a deck chair and full chilly bin

• Like 1

He's a total liability. Been aground up the river here regularly.  Not quite sure what's going on with him but he does some VERY strange and unseamanlike things. Last time he was up the river he had a screaming match with the police...

Screenshot_20240221_183926_Gallery.jpg

• Upvote 2

He has been towed out of Hobsonville and Westhaven recently, was offered a tow off Mairangi last week by well meaning boaties, has no working engine or anchor, (the anchor dangling from the bow came from the surf club). He has a long history -the coastguard know him well. Has been trespassed by the police from Milford cruising club and its property for threatening behaviour in the past. Wrecked his last boat on passage reef -luckily with no loss of life for his innocent crew.

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Cameron said:

You get your share of crazies up that river!

I actually wasn't think of you... but now you mention it!!!

There is a certain blue boat in the river that shall we say continues to provide entertainment...and wonder about what will happen next!

The subject of this post was sighted in a Milford hostelry last evening at high tide -so obviously hoping that someone else will take responsibility for his lack of seamanship...

• Haha 1

Jeff?? was on the radio Thursday or Friday explaing why he grounds his vessel.Prtest against the waste,silt,sewer wste etc entering the AK harbour yet we need to comply wth concil by laws.

Yes hes a nutter

• Upvote 1