CoastalClassic or World Cup?

I know there aren't that many people who have to choose at all.

I know, I for one would require a great many Injuries to be considered by the All Black selectors, so for me its an Easy choice.

I'll be doing the Coastal.

as in fact will be most people who were going to do it, anyway.

Doh!! Yeah I had heard about the Rugby thing. Boat probably won't be floating so won't be using that. Very little interest in watching 'Outer Nowhere' play 'Who?' so that's unlikely. So might go for a fly somewhere instead.

You will be able to do both, thanks to some very good planning on behalf of the people who chose Labour Weekend for the Coastal Classic, some thirty-odd years ago.

They opted for a Friday morning start, so that you'd be all finished with the race and on the way home, by the time the semi finals happen, on Sunday. Hopefully there will be some ways we can get rugby action to you, at stopover points on the way home. Stay tuned.

Anybody else noticed the clash of dates?

Hmm.

Leave Russell, the streets littered with staggering, semi-comatose and unwashed visitors there for a sports-disguised-as drinking event. Assuming they are still going ahead with the campervan park proposal at Z Pier, arrive back in Westhaven, where the streets are littered with staggering, semi-comatose and unwashed visitors there for a sports-disguised-as drinking event.

Some people may not experience any difference at all.. :shifty:

Oh sh*t i think i might have to flag coastal this year and sit at home and watch the rugby, will be far more exciting! NOT! Bring on the coastal!!!

Who cares, we'll get knocked out in the semis by france, and no one will give a stuff by the time the finals come around...

Isn't that what always happens?

Heard a rumour that a Rugby World Cup final party might be in planning for Kawau Island on the Sunday night! So race up Friday, prize giving and party Saturday at Russell, and Rugby World Cup final party at Kawau. I reckon that would be an awesome weekend :D

I heard today that possibly Tutukaka will have a big screen this year..

Prize giving before Sat night party; then to Tut's Sunday Big Screen,

Then back to Auckland Monday.

BTW good party last year in Tut's Sunday night.

There was meant to be a race Russell to Tuts after prize giving, but details omitted from race bags at briefing, according to manager of Tut's party. Pity this did not happen.

Good night, scored a Mt Gay Ice box + 2 chairs & bags.

Mt Gay Rum + Jagermister Party Bus + band etc.

Archived