Auckland-Tauranga Race Report

Iolanthe 11 at 1030

Just hoisted the staysail and the breeze has come in. Clearing Slipper Is atlast! Great hot cross buns though......

Begorrah at 1040

We have a 10kn NE. Racing along at 5.5 to 7kn. Only 8 hrs to the finish line. I don't need reminding why I do this but I am sure my wife will - Steve.

A few more have finished

Thanks David.

Mono finishers to date: Akatea 0948 hrs; Orbit 0949 hrs.

First Tauranga Boat Home and second multi hull home Fully Charged 1015 hrs.

Kind Regards

Janet

TYPBC

FaSTLANE AT 1155

Having a nice ride down past Slipper. 1st by Farr just ahead. Stratocaster behind and Iolanthe beside us, several kites catching from behind.

Ioanthe II- thrilling run down to the finish. our stay sail/ genoa combo more effective than the kites other people are struggling with. Hysteria now well behind us.

Whatever- finished... very close to twoother Tauranga boats. All three finished within four minutes of each other. Great racing.

A great race and a great result for the little 727. At day break (Friday) we still had 17 yachts insight around us. By the finish we still has 2 behind us.

Crac-A-Jac on the mooring at Matiatia - enjoying a settling rum at home with the Rum God. Thanks to all those who helped make this race one of the best. Full report a bit later and another trophy for the cabinet :clap:

Is anybody able to shed some more light on the results? We turned around at the finish to use this as a mile builder and so have no idea how we have done. Pretty keen to hear how we went in the two handed div, although I suspect the Cool Change lads might have gotten their mits on the trophy again...

Still working on the report, although it was a great race with lots of passing lanes to think about. Amazing trip home too, slightly cracked sheets in 15kn to the Mercs, with a mast head runner on in 10-15 from Colville to Westhaven.

Team Escapology

CrackaJack won the 2 handed division and would have won phrf overall if they had entered it.

Frenzy won A keeler and pterodactyl won B keeler Fully charged i think won the multi division would be nice to see the entire results up for us too.

Archived