Aussie experiments in reducing wetted surface go too far

makes one crew members hiking easier, and takes walking the plank to a whole new level! How long before they work out they can get crew sitting out the end of it, then they might work out that if you make it float instead of sink you can put winches on it and make it symmetrical and lighter, then oh thats right its a catamaran, how silly of me :-P

makes one crew members hiking easier, and takes walking the plank to a whole new level! How long before they work out they can get crew sitting out the end of it, then they might work out that if you make it float instead of sink you can put winches on it and make it symmetrical and lighter, then oh thats right its a catamaran, how silly of me :-P

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Feck me I thought Monohulls always came back right side up, Looks like this guy has taken the worst of both forms and combined them. Somebody has to much money and too little grey matter.

I saw pics when it was launched and thought... what a piece of sh*t... and it is...

wat the f**ks the point?

ahahahahahaha

Tell us what you really think sam!

I am also struggling with the point. Wonder if they have to run an engine all the time to swing the keel out there? Imagine the pain of shifty conditions, will be swinging back and forth all over the show. A crash tack aint gonna be pretty either.

I think you summed it up well actually.

Guest mental outlook

...but not quicker than a 8.5 upwind. And from what I have read about the leeway I'd say it points (sorry 'tracks') lower than a multi too.

Good on them for giving it a go though. If you have the 'tin' why not.

He'll see the light eventually. Or two lights.

faster than pretty much any other monohull around.

yea but do canters really get their jollys beating fixed keel boats? its a bit lame isnt it? like a cat owner getting jollys from beating a leadmine...

if you want to go fast theres only one way, and if you wanna keel boat get a proper keel boat.

that thing is just the worst of both worlds

Enough poppy knocking, it's cool, different and fast, and to please the multihull guys it even turns up side down every once in a while. What more could you want?

Does anyone know if it needs an engine running all the time?

If so, its a stupid piece of sh*t.

If not, its a pretty out there, impressive design (although I still wonder why)

I think it's great!!!!

Well you see, it's one thing to have a theory on paper, but you are never really sure about the theory till you put it into practice. So this theory can now be buried somewhere real deep as a miserable failure that should have stayed on the paper.

Enough poppy knocking, it's cool, different and fast, and to please the multihull guys it even turns up side down every once in a while. What more could you want?

yea it certainly is a cool color...

What happens when they add a larger but lighter water ballasted bulb?

so in the light stuff its empty and just floats on the surface and they fill it up in the breeze? and/or to tack?

a very real possibility. Soon the definition about whats a hull and whats a bulb may need to be looked into other wise more of these mono/tacking proas will start springing up! :wtf:

Archived