2011 Coastal Classic

Online entries now open for the 2011 NZMYC Coastal Classic

http://www.coastalclassic.co.nz

Some changes for this year's event:

The start this year will be managed by the RNZYS on behalf of the NZMYC (our thanks to the Squadron). Please read the NOR and Start procedures carefully some notable changes in procedure.

All events will be held at the Duke of Marlborough Hotel

Party and Prize-giving will be on the Saturday night to give entrants an opportunity to get home on Sunday or stop in a Tutukaka, Marsden or Kawau where big screens will show the World Cup final on Sunday night.

Please feel free to contact Race Administration on ccinfo@coastalclassic.co.nz or call me directly on 021 956135

Jon Vincent

NZMYC - Coastal Classic

As one great race draws to a close (for the multis that is!) another has its preparations well underway. In fact the first entries have already been received - congratulations to Kia Kaha for being the first boat to enter for this the 30th anniversary of New Zealand's great race. Watch the online entries roll in over the next few weeks HERE

Coastal Classic breakfast at the Squadron - bring all the crew!

Trying a slight variation this year.

The Squadron will be putting on a full breakfast in the Ballroom on the morning of the race 7am - 9am. $20.00 for the full works. Bookings required although I'm sure they'll find you a place if you make a last minute decision.

Phone RNZYS 360 6800

The coastal entries are now flooding in - double figures hit earlier this week! Hearing the news, Race Director, Jon Vincent, was heard exclaiming "Auckland's gonna be a ghost town that weekend!"

Get 'em in fellas - I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs wating to process them!

There used to be (maybe still is) a dinghy regatta across at Waitangi on the Saturday morning of Labour Weekend. Did the CC one year with a couple of dads who stepped off the boat at the finish, jumped on the ferry and headed off to begin a brand-new (scorching hot, as I remember it) day on the water with their kids. Stauch effort, I thought as I downed another rum and subsided into a pleasant coma.

Remember Smithy, it is only the Marshall that needs to take part in the race, your presence is an optional extra.

Remember Smithy, it is only the Marshall that needs to take part in the race, your presence is an optional extra.

Don''t encourage them Murky.

Now there's a thought! :shifty: Hey Squid! Wot we doin Labour Weekend? Smithy wants us to sail his boat for him again! It's fair to say that since you've owned the Marshall you've never been out on it when I have :lol:

There's no feeling like hanging up the big gear in a gusty SW with 150+ boats around you and thinking: "what the hell, it's not my boat."

Oh sorry Smithy, does that count as encouraging them... :silent: :shifty:

There's no feeling like hanging up the big gear in a gusty SW with 150+ boats around you and thinking: "what the hell, it's not my boat."

Oh sorry Smithy, does that count as encouraging them... :silent: :shifty:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Would all the above posters care to contribute to the damage bill after the SSANZ 100?? Unfortuneately I cannot blame anyone but myself.. Don't ya hate that? Where's Jordan when you need him (as a whipping boy...) Actually We got off pretty lightly compared to High Voltage and others.. That's pretty tough right at the end...

I'm flying across the ditch to do the race on Mr. Roosevelt again. It's the first major race since we dropped the rig in the RNI.

It's great to see a very good fleet in Div 2 so it should be a blast. Superb to see Valium, Fineline and Truxton among the contenders. See you in Russell guys - we should have those rums we were supposed to have in Wellington.

This year we're taking crew instead of sailing 2-up, so it will be relatively relaxing. In fact our wives are sailing among the crew.

It's a great race and it should be a fun weekend to be in NZ.

With he rig fixed the only risk now for us is that one of us picks up a groin injury battening up headsails.

Archived