Volvo Ocean Race 2011

Haven't seen a thread around for this yet so thought I will start one here :D

1st qualifying race is nearly done and dusted. Congrats to Team Sanya for getting 3rd :thumbup: behind Team Telefonica in 1st place and Puma Ocean Race Team in 2nd place

Camper didn't do so well :(

Not long until the real race begins and cant wait :D

According to the VOR site TVNZ have the rights and will be broadcasting the in port races live

Do you mean "broadcasting" in the same way that they broadcast all the AC World Series races in Portsmouth? I've just had a look at the TV guide at tvnz.co.nz and don't see anything that looks like sailing related on Saturday night or Sunday morning.

Here we go again... :roll: :evil:

I cannot get my head around TVNZ's thinking.

How can they say that at 3pm on Sunday December 4th they will show the race finish? *shaking my head*

Either:

( a ) they are planning on a massive fluke and will find that the finish is live then (in which case I doubt they will be set up for a live broadcast anyway)

or

( b ) the race will have finished considerably before that... in which case it will be old news, and anyone who is interested will have already read about it, watched the videos, commented on facebook, or the ETNZ blog site, or in the Sailing Anarchy or crew.org.nz forums...

So, ummm, what's the target audience for that? People who have not heard of Youtube or the internet? Just how big IS the yacht racing fan community in Gore TVNZ?

where did that article on the homepage come from? Sanya has 7 kiwis onboard

Mike Sanderson

Cameron Dunn

Chris Main

Andy Meiklejohn

Richard Mason

Ryan Houston

Dave Swete

how many kiwis have they missed on the other boats?

Just had this in on a random email from some crowd called Auckland Stopover.

Looks like it will be on to fill in their Sunday arvo programming. Wind up the rubber band on the video recorder by the looks.

Watch the Race on TV1

TVNZ is the offical broadcaster of the 2011/12 Volvo Ocean Race in New Zealand and will be screening extensive coverage on TV1.

The schedule for the first two Legs (subject to change) is:

2.30pm on Sunday 30 October: In-Port Race, Alicante

3.00pm on Sunday 6 November: Race Preview and Start of Leg 1

3.00pm on Sunday 4 December: Finish of Leg 1

3.00pm on Sunday 11 December: In-Port Race, Cape Town

11.00pm on Monday 12 December: Start of Leg 2

2.30pm on Sunday 1 January: Update programme

All the programmes will also be available on demand via the TVNZ website http://www.tvnz.co.nz as soon as possible following broadcast.

where did that article on the homepage come from? Sanya has 7 kiwis onboard

Mike Sanderson

Cameron Dunn

Chris Main

Andy Meiklejohn

Richard Mason

Ryan Houston

Dave Swete

how many kiwis have they missed on the other boats?

From Mr Volvo media centre

I hope TVNZ didn't spend too much of our taxpayers money on the TV rights as they looked to get sidelined from this one. Live coverage including commentary & full onboard graphics from the http://www.volvooceanrace.com web site will make anything TVNZ can offer look a bit second rate really.

I will be watching it online. Should I be felling guilty for not watching it on tv because TVNZ are trying to broadcast our sport?

I hope no one blocks the Internet footage :?

TVNZ must do a lot of demographic profiling to fit programs to audiences :think:

I wonder why so many sailors do not watch Sunday afternoon TV over summer :?: Nothing to do with so much sun, clear skies and nice sea breezes naturally.

Monday or Tuesday evenings say 9:30 pm would be my best time with Tuesday preferred because the Stewarts do W/L on Mondays.

Bugger the TV. Go the Internet and watch it whenever you want from what ever angle you want and even skip the boring parts or pause and rewind the good ones.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Bugger the TV. Go the Internet and watch it whenever you want from what ever angle you want and even skip the boring parts or pause and rewind the good ones.

ITS BLOCKED :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: at least they say its only temporary. lets hope tvnz is onto it with the coverage which is

Watch the Race on TV1

TVNZ is the offical broadcaster of the 2011/12 Volvo Ocean Race in New Zealand and will be screening extensive coverage on TV1.

Hopefully we get the live coverage after the port race has finished as it sounds amazing what their doing with lots of updates.

post-10945-141887189792.jpg

ITS BLOCKED :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: at least they say its only temporary. lets hope tvnz is onto it with the coverage which is

Watch the Race on TV1

Hopefully we get the live coverage after the port race has finished as it sounds amazing what their doing with lots of updates.

[attachment=0]live coverage blocked.jpg[/attachment]

And here we go again..... :evil: what a f up!

Just with ppl mentioning that its blocked... The 'livestream' site from SailingAnarchy doesnt seem to have a link from the official Volvo site, so I dunno how trustworthy that is. Ill be up at 1 on the 'volvooceanrace' channel on youtube.

Also the TVNZ agreement is different this time round... So cross your fingers.

There is no promotional stuff on the TVNZ website about them running a live stream.

It's hard enough finding anything about the Volvo Ocean Race there.

Archived