cherub

Quite possibly Sloop but far be it for me to assume it would even be a challenge for such a PT master driver like yourself ;) I suppose I'll her to paint her red now for that extra 0.0007% faster speed :lol: :lol:

I spread the work JH, you just never know who or what may turn up.

Its not a waste of a good Class boat at all Sloop.

If you want to race in class you are going to have to spend top dollar to get a really good competitive boat.

But Bill (voom) and I suspect Jordon as well, if they are only looking to spend 6 or 7 hundred are not going to end up super competitive, so by pimping the rig they are saving a hull that would otherwise be of little use to anyone.

Voom shame on you.

What waste of a good class boat. :wink: :wink:

[attachment=0]Ex PT1.jpg[/attachment]

From now on please use this photo. :lol: :lol:

PS What wide centreboards you got.

It's far from a waste SJB, our tigers are old plywood shitterz and probably uncompetitive in the PT fleet anyway, this just saved them from being turned into interesting wall ornaments or landfill - anyway they are never ever ever goint to be raced in that format against anything but each other. However on the 1 in 1,000,000 chance there is enough time, or in fact the desire to Class race the bits are all still actually there.

Yes, those are the old centreboards and yes they are BAD - there are new carbon ones coming....

I was recently talking to the guy who gave me my one and it is Mr Magoo apparently - having a close look at how it was built I can see how it got the name.

See, I told ya SJB gets twitchy when you over fondle a PT :lol:

I do like that square top shot though and that lake is only just up the road where SJB is a lot further away... Hmmmmmm..... ;)

Mines an oldie but been dry stored for many years. Ply. Hulls look good, well made and knot heavy but a little tickle is going on with the decks. How does one know if she's a goodie or knot, anything obvious to look for?

Maybe a poll or two SJB:

- is j.harkin an ungrateful wretch for enjoying BOI week on a multihull then trying to revert to the dark side (that would be your wording not mine)

- what is a suitable punishment for him if so?

- should the same punishment be applied to those who attempt to turbo PTs against the true way of the class?

etc

OK, no upgrading for a while now.

my uncle just gave me a custom made used once 3-ish sq/m gennaker for my phase 2. now i just need ideas on how i should go about modifying my boat to to carry it?

do any of the turbo'd PT's have a trapeze, or a kite?

No trapezes yet but I did have the forethought to put provision for a kite halyard when I finished off the mast. There are plenty of short bits of windsurfer mast laying around to make a prod with and there is also happens to be a baby furling screecher sitting that fits perfectly...as yet no one has been brave enough to try it.

do any of the turbo'd PT's have a trapeze, or a kite?

No trapezes yet but I did have the forethought to put provision for a kite halyard when I finished off the mast. There are plenty of short bits of windsurfer mast laying around to make a prod with and there is also happens to be a baby furling screecher sitting that fits perfectly...as yet no one has been brave enough to try it.

It'll nosedive like a trimaran with a gennaker on it !

Archived