Auckland- tauranga

which division are you?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. which division are you?

• Monohull PHRF Offshore minimum 0.800 TCF
    • Monohull PHRF Offshore maximum 0.799 TCF
    • IRC Monohull
    • Multihull
    • Short handed Monohull PHRF (maximum two persons)
    • Class Racing Monohull – minimum five entries

woops, missed out a option on the poll :silent:

It should be

Monohull PHRF Offshore minimum 0.800 TCF

Monohull PHRF Offshore maximum 0.799 TCF

IRC Monohull

Multihull

Short handed Monohull PHRF (maximum two persons)

Class Racing Monohull – minimum five entries

we are doing it, have sent off entry form and cheque, but havnt heard anything is there a list of entrants somewhere we can check

I wouldnt have a clue.. Ill have a search around, Maybe try emailing the club for a list? Probably your best bet

Forecast looks interesting apparently lack of wind wont be a problem :shock:

Was wondering what the word was on the forecast. The longrange I have looked at showed a strong southerly . . .

I'm over sailing upwind in 50 kts for a while :oops:

Is that part ship a problem ?

The Rena hasn't been a problem so far and we have been thrashing round in the Bay for quite a few months now, I did see some debris after the back half sunk coming home from the Christmas cruise but the containers seem to either wash up or sink pretty quickly, hopefully the remaining ones stay where they are.

We see the odd bit of flotsom while we are out there. Mostly just polystyrene from Rena now. Although last weekend we saw a sheet of ply or cardboard in the water. There was some twine - like 1000m rolls a few weeks back.

Last weekend we had a close encounter with what looked like a punga log just off the bar. Almost totally submerged, and about 4m long.

But no more big stuff lately from Rena.

Did you see anything out there Danaide when you were sailing the last leg home?

M

Didn't see anything in the BOP but we were 60-80nm out from the Rena,but did catch 4 albacore

Did see a large bundle of nylon rope just south of Kidnappers though and also lots of logs and debris between Napier and East Cape due to the flooding.

Does that help ?

I've contacted the organising heirachy to find out the no.s, also trying to get it on the website live.

Any update on this?

Looks like the forecast isn't that flash again, is it likely that the start would be delayed if the weather was sh*t (45 knots and 7 meter swells) or would they just cancel?

The weather forecast on most websites - Metvuw etc. - have been wildly variable in their predictions, I haven't seen it like that before. I suppose it depends where the low comes down to. But, as Willow says there looks to be wind a plenty. The boat entry list is on the website under the Akld to Tga news banner. Not a lot of boats as yet, but normally the late entries aren't charged the late fee and usually there's a few of those depending on the weather.

Archived