Tracking a ship

Fogg

Anyone know if it's possible to track a ship from UK to NZ? It's called Laura Schulte, has got my parents container on it, due NZ in a couple of months.

Are your folks moving to NZ AC?

They have, AA. They arrived a couple of months ago. Renting a place in Arkles Bay and have already bought a nice little place in GH. Will move in soon after their lives arrive on this ship, assuming it doesn't do a Rena :shock:

You'll have to meet up with them sometime. Send me a txt with your number and I'll send you theirs.

They have, AA. They arrived a couple of months ago. Renting a place in Arkles Bay and have already bought a nice little place in GH.

Arkles bay.. The place that no one knows about! I live there too :thumbup:

Flamin heck. OK so I gotta give the Poms some real credit to their ability of sailing without being run over. Imgaine the Gulf as busy as that. There would be a collision every 20mins at that rate.

I kid you not, crossing the English Channel in a yacht N-S is like running across a motorway in slow motion. You often have 3-4 ships in a line and your are deciding which ones you will pass between.

Bizarrely I used to find it easier at night when the lights somehow gave me a better perspective. Mostly it worked fine with most ships doing 18-20kts but it sometimes went wrong when one appeared over the horizon doing 24kts and threw the plan.

Busiest shipping lane in the world. You can get prosecuted if as a erasure craft you don't cross the lanes at 90' right angles to minimise time. Radar control at Vlissingen sees everyone.

Once you've spent a few years living with that excitement anywhere else in the world seems very quiet and relaxed. Imagine 4 ships coming down Auckland harbour together with one overtaking the others...

Nearly crapped my pants in Straits of Gibraltar, no desire to try a second time.

similar with straights of Molucca, daytime is interesting to see how far away they are when you loose sight of their bridge, night time a mix between staying close enough inshore to be outa the big fellas way and not tangle with the local fishing fleet/pirates/ nosey buggers

They have, AA. . .You'll have to meet up with them sometime. Send me a txt with your number and I'll send you theirs.

I agree - although I have not met AC's Mum - his Dad is a wonderful chap! Much fun to be with. :)

Archived