Gas bottles

Yep, fill your own alive and well - I did it in Indonesia the other day. Large local bottle (LPG) maybe 15-20KG. Adapteres and hose to NZ Alloy 4.5 KG bottle. Off the boat, hang big bottle inverted from something (Wharf roof for us) connect up, open NZ bottle valve, open full botlle valve. Open NZ bottle bleed unitl gas comes out. Close all valves, done. There is some gas lost to atmoshere. make certain you are in a safe place!!

We did 2 cruisers bottles at once. No other way to fill them in this location...

Cheapest answer is steel gas bottles with swaps instead of fills (which is the way most service stations are these days anyway).

Then they are not on the boat long enough to go rusty!

:thumbup:

I use a 9kg hooked up to the hob at home. Takes 6 months plus to empty it. That would convert into 6 years plus for most cruisers. Might rust after all.

Please does anyone know if the drain hose from the bottom of the gas locker has to be a special type of hose at all? Thanks

Im not sure it matters. Whatever the stuff was i grabbed from the local chandlery passed Cat 3. I think it was the same stuff i used for potable water just a bit larger.

I have a couple of gas bottles on the boat (4.5 and 2.25 kg) Ive just been to Caltex fanshawe street.

They have reenacted their $15 per bottle minimum charge.($30 for 6kg of gas)

Does anybody know where I can get these filled without being rogered?