Sportsboats - WTF!

tuffyluffy

Can someone explain why you would drop good money on a sports boat, coz I dont get it.

Heres my understanding, a sportsboat is

1. Generally under 30ft

2. Drags lead around in a retracting keel/centreboard.

3. Generally can't pass Cat 1, 2, and most often 3. Hence its restricted to inner harbour racing.

4. Cant be cruised with much comfort

5. Has large gennakers and can scream around the harbour a great speed.

Hence Im talking about the Magics, Thompsons, Biekers etc

Now i get point 5, giggles downhill is a favorite passtime of mine, but why would you get a sports boat rather than a skiff dingy for a fraction of the price, and enjoy closer one-class racing?

Yes ive raced someone elses sportsboat, and it was great fun. But not as much fun as a Javelin or 12fter, which have much closer racing for a fraction of the dosh.

Curious minds want to know.

Oh Tuffy good golly.

How many beers and stray hotties in bikinis can you fit on -

1 - A Javelin?

2 - A Tragic 25?

Pretty simple really ;)

Oh Tuffy good golly.

How many beers and stray hotties in bikinis can you fit on -

1 - A Javelin?

2 - A Tragic 25?

Pretty simple really ;)

that is a good point But how often do you get stray hotties on a magic?

I vote skiffs.

Im expecting to open a bit of a hornets nest on this one. :wink:

Now, both your points are invalid Knotty.

Firstly, you can load a sh*t load of grog onto a Jav/12/even a contender. I know this coz ive done it. In fact a camel-back of rum and coke is the perfect trapese accessory.

Secondly, at least two chicks in bikinis can fit on a jav. Fast it is not, but who cares.

Thirdly, chicks in bikinis will stay overnight on a floating caravan with hot running water, toilet, and beds :thumbup: not on a sportsboat. Hence a cruiser/racer and a skiff is a more desirable setup.

Next....

Sorry Tuffy your argument is flawed.

1 - No room to move on a Jav with 2 hotties aboard plus yourself so a waste of the bikinis, they may as well have wetsuits on ;) Talk 18's and Oh Yeah... big time good for bikinis.

2 - you can fit a lot more and far superior range of piss plus the important condiments on a Sportboat

3 - Hotties will stay over night on a Sportsboat but knot a Jav.

4 - 2 extra Hotties on a Tragic doesn't affect their performance or knot that you'd notice :twisted:

5 - A hottie who has just had a high speed blat and is still dry is a horny hottie.

All comments made from experience ;)

All depends on what you want really.

Had the Sport Boat Nats up here in the BOI recently, one of the M25's had a french crew. 2 of them were very easy on the eye ladies, If you want a good crew for the Javelin, you need weight.

I know where I sit 8)

Huh! - let me disect your limpwristed rebuttal.

Sorry Tuffy your argument is flawed.

1 - No room to move on a Jav with 2 hotties aboard plus yourself so a waste of the bikinis, they may as well have wetsuits on ;) Talk 18's and Oh Yeah... big time good for bikinis.

Two hotties in bikinis, cramed into a small place is ALWAYS a good thing, period! Dont let anyone tell you differently

2 - you can fit a lot more and far superior range of piss plus the important condiments on a Sportboat

Sufficient quantities of Rum and stuff will fit on a dingy.

3 - Hotties will stay over night on a Sportsboat but knot a Jav.

Bollocks - Your speaking to a guy who got a hottie on a Contender to Browns Island for a sleep over a while back. Invalid arguement.

4 - 2 extra Hotties on a Tragic doesn't affect their performance or knot that you'd notice :twisted:

Valid point, I'll let you have that one

5 - A hottie who has just had a high speed blat and is still dry is a horny hottie.

This is a matter of personal taste. I prefer mine wet :wink:

All comments made from experience ;)

All depends on what you want really.

Maybe also ask why people drive convertibles or family wagons instead of motorbikes while you are at it too.

My preference for a sporty lies with the fact that you don't have to stand on the centreboard to recover from a wipeout.

You are indeed a sick minded individual Tuffy. I do like it :thumbup: :lol:

Done one on a laser once. Was fun but a slightly bigger boat would have been easier ;)

don't get me wrong, but I can just imagine you guys just sitting there, big smiles, and dreaming/reminiscing, of all the things you want to do/did with the fairer sex whilst customers/bosses wait patiently. :? :?

When I go to work, which is something that didn't happen today. I did think about it for 2 seconds then thought, Na the weathers far to nice for that :? Been boat designing instead today :thumbup:

And my boss is a real good dude in so many ways, so no worries there ;)

I like Squids answer better though :lol: :lol:

Guest Saturday Night Special

I'll put my 5 cents worth in here .

Sports boats = are not great if you want a real sports type build a lake garda boat like Omni and Griffo.

Now speaking with my designers hat on .Skiffs are great but if you want to have acramped situation with 2 hotties stay reasonably dry and have some overnight acom shove em into a 8.5m raft

Tuffy, its simple - there is no swimming involved in sportboat sailing - Shaws excluded.

Sporties a great fun, forgiving, cheap to own (compared to a keeler), most would get cat 4/trailer yacht Cat A so could race around the gulf and are bloody easy maintenance boats!

Oh, and you never have trouble attaching a crew!

If you look at them as small quick keel boats then they are great but they probably are stupid if you look at them as big skiffs - cos they ain't!

my point ?

No Point.

Life is far too short to take too seriously, and good on those who see it as it is

It was not meant as a criticism, and apologise to those I may have offended.

Keep it up :thumbup: :thumbup:

Archived