Coastal Classic

Anyone know where to find a long range forecast? Metvuw only goes out for one 7 days:

http://www.metvuw.com/forecast/forecast ... nz&tim=168

...that high looks like it is moving east rather slowly so by friday next week we might either have a drifter or 25kts on the nose. I'm sure it will be totally different by next week anyway.

i'd ask your magic 8 ball; it'd be as accurate as anything you can find online for 11 days out!

Accuracy is over rated. I'm just looking for something to distract me from work while we count down to the coastal.

Hopefully next week the crew forums will burst into life and you lot will start talking about sailing again.

Might be being thick (wouldnt be the first time) but isnt weatherwatch showing a 15-25 knot SW for 13:00 Friday 19 October?

Agree it is far to far out for any accuracy, but my vote isnwe lock that forecast in now!

Might be being thick (wouldnt be the first time) but isnt weatherwatch showing a 15-25 knot SW for 13:00 Friday 19 October?

Agree it is far to far out for any accuracy, but my vote isnwe lock that forecast in now!

Looks good to me, I'll take it!

Yep, the forecast change literally minutes after I posted this. Somehow I've misplaced the edit button.

Yep, the forecast change literally minutes after I posted this. Somehow I've misplaced the edit button.

Sorry Ferrari - didn't notice the 18 odd hours between our posts. Weather forecast will chance everyday between now and the 19th. Still happy to lock that 15-25 knot SW though!

My edit button has gone as well.

Been keeping a eye on the mono list.. Noticing that it keeps going up and down,up and down,

Is this a result of boats failing cat3, not being ready etc?

mostly a few provisional entries who've subsequently pulled the pin. Entries now hit the front end page 'real time' so you see every change. Previously we used to just update the front end list every 2-3 days which filtered out the 'noise'.

If anyone is, or knows someone who is, driving up to Russell (or Paihia/Opua), who might have room in their vehicle for a deflated inflatable dinghy, I know a boat who would appreciate being able to send up said dinghy (for use on the cruise home). It's a little bulky - takes up a full passenger's front seat I am told - so we need a vehicle with a little bit of spare room.

Can you get in touch ASAP if you can, or might be able to help? There's a few hoops to jump through to get it organised and to the right place before next week.

Cheers,

Bardy

029 234 7737

If anyone is, or knows someone who is, driving up to Russell (or Paihia/Opua), who might have room in their vehicle for a deflated inflatable dinghy, I know a boat who would appreciate being able to send up said dinghy (for use on the cruise home). It's a little bulky - takes up a full passenger's front seat I am told - so we need a vehicle with a little bit of spare room.

Can you get in touch ASAP if you can, or might be able to help? There's a few hoops to jump through to get it organised and to the right place before next week.

Cheers,

Bardy

029 234 7737

We will be having the North's van go up Bardy so it can probably go in there. I just need to find a driver!

Thanks Booboo.

I have two irons in the fire already - a launch with room in the boot and a car with a trailer. The north's van will make 3 options. The dinghy is on Fastlane at Westhaven so we can get it to said boat/trailer/van next week. One way or another we'll be sorted.

Appreciate the offers everyone.

Archived