Coastal Classic

We're planning on heading over to the Barrier on Sunday at this stage then Kawau Monday. Bit of a journey home! :thumbup:

Looking at Metvuw.com and weaterwatch.co.nz they are both showing a nice NW forming Sunday. Apart from the rain looks pretty sweet to me! Monday Metview showing NNW and weatherwatch is W, so hopefully Metvuw has it right, might almost be able to get the kite up for the entire trip!

I was just thinking that, IF we had downwind both days that would be awesome! Bump only likes going downwind.. abit slow into the wind...

hopefully it'll be a quick ride up the coast..

Still no takers for this, I suppose everyone wants to enjoy the downwind slide....

Is there an experienced driver who is available to take a double cab ute plus trailer (with Javelin) to Russell for a crew member on Frenzy. It could be arranged to be taken up on Thursday evening or Friday morning

Please contact Roger 0274714715 or email r.rushton@xtra.co.nz for those who don't like paying for a mobile calls!!

In case you haven't already done it, put this number in your phone now for race reports

021 760 621

Have both your's and Stephens numbers...

http://www.windguru.cz/int/index.php?sc=25747

windguru was spot on last year.

With the current forecast im somewhere between shitting myself and being very excited......

if its averaging over 30 knots on Fri morning (bean rock, nowcasting, 8am) we are not going, got summer cruising to look forward too! (my crew have been informed of this)

If averaging less than 30 knots we will race and hold on for the 9 or so hour roller-coaster...... yee haa, would love to get there in daylight, done it many times on 50+ft Cats but never on an 8.5 Tri!

In case you haven't already done it, put this number in your phone now for race reports

021 760 621

Every time you report into the coast guard it would be great if you could send as an update as to how your going. Oh and I forgot the pretty pretty please :D :D

021 760 621

And keep quoting this very important post so people keep seeing the number.

Haha sailworld are getting a bit optimistic here:

http://www.sail-world.com/NZ/Americas-C ... nds/102903

"It is not known if Emirates Team NZ's AC72 will compete in the 110nm Coastal Classic sprint race on Friday, starting from Auckland and heading to the Bay of Islands, expected to be sailed in extremely fast reaching conditions. "

Check this out. :wink:

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=20403&p=231903#p231903

Well only around 2 days to go, Whats everyones estimated times for finishing judging on the current forecast... ? And be realistic!

Bump N Grind- 3:20am saturday..

Archived